“ 'Perfect Wedding'”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Derby, United Kingdom
“ 'Perfect Wedding'”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Me and my NEW husband had our Wedding at the Doubletree on Saturday 9th November in the Abbey Suite. From start to finish it was everything we could of wished for.
Eric was our dedicated toastmaster for the day, he and is team were outstanding! The food was amazing both in the day and evening. Our guests gave great feedback about the quality of food and they said 'The staff have done you proud'
They all made us feel special and I truly had the most amazing day thanks to the brilliant staff.
We cannot recommend this hotel enough if you are looking for a Wedding venue or for a break away.
Thanks once again to all the staff at the Doubletree who helped in giving me my dream Wedding.
Mr and Mrs Maddison

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsty M, Guest Relations at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to spend your wedding day with us here at the DoubleTree Chester. A massive congratulations to you both from all the team here.

It is fantastic to read how you had the perfect day with us and that our Conference and Events Manager Eric ensured that the whole day went smoothly for you. I will pass on your personal thanks to Eric.

It delights me to read that you had excellent feedback from all of your guests, in particular regarding the food and the staff, all of which played an important part in making your day so special.

All the team at the DoubleTree look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon, and we wish you all the best for your future together.

Kirsty Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Travelling on business I stayed from Monday to Friday for 6 weeks at this hotel innvarious different rooms. The hotel isn't spectacular but it's my favourite hotel in chester. The spa is great, with its open air jacuzzi room type thing. Rooms are clean and big enough and they all seem to look about the same (or at least the 8 or so I stayed in were anyway). Sky sports in the rooms is a nice touch (you have to change the source on the remote) as is free wifi and speakers in the bathrooms. The staff are freindly and made me feel welcome. The menu got a bit samey, but then again I was there for 6 weeks! Having said that they did start doing weekly specials in the last few weeks I was there which was nice and the MPW restaurant was good every time I went.
Overall this hotel had everything I needed as a business traveller and is my first choice for accommodation in Chester.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the DoubleTree during your recent time in Chester.

It is lovely to read that we are your favourite hotel in Chester, and that all staff were friendly and welcoming during your stay.

It is great to hear that you had some nice meals in our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and also enjoyed the new introduction of our specials menu in the hotel Brasserie.

We hope that you get the opportunity to come back and stay with us again soon, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

UK
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The good points are the hotel is set in great surroundings and is close to Chester town centre. The bed was comfortable and shower was strong. But being honest the room felt a little too much like a travelodge and was not particularly clean (evidence of previous occupant and mould on window surrounds) and we really did not want to spend time in it. Perhaps one of the larger rooms may be a better bet. It just didn't feel as immaculate as a Hilton should.

Bar was also a little soul-less but fine if you like that sort of thing (ie lights on full).

Overall OK but I can't really recommend.

Room Tip: Not room 24!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsty M, Guest Relations at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay.

I am sorry to read that you left the hotel feeling less than satsisfied, this is by no means the lasting impression we wish to give our guests.

I am pleased that you liked our setting and found the lcoation close to the city centre to be advantageous.

We hope that you will return to stay with us to see that we are capable of providing the relaxing and comfortable stay you are looking for, and we would all like to welcome you back.

Newton Le Willows, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Booked a spa day for four to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. Mother & daughter spa day( both lime and ginger body scrub) and a spa day for two with facials. Lunch was included, robes slippers provided. On booking the lady did her best to accommodate our appointments as close together as possible, as we obviously wanted to have lunch together. She managed to accommodate us so we could have an early afternoon lunch together. Two of us have been before, with an overnight stay for New Years' Eve( highly recommended). Chose this location for a treat as we know how lovely the facilities are, especially the Watsu pool, (if I win the lottery,I want one in my garden)!

Arrived around 1030am, made our way to the relaxation room,as instructed and we were given an unexpected glass of bubbly, which was nice. We made out way down to the spa / pool area, to find the Watsu was closed for the day, it was a huge disappointment, as I had been "raving" to my daughter about how fantastic it was. As the watsu pool was closed, so were the jacuzzi/underwater loungers as they were all part of the same pool area, and the lap pool had an aerobics session going on. I spoke to a manager who informed me it had been closed at 930 a.m. for health and safety reasons. I didn't have a problem with this, more that we could have been informed on arrival, forewarned is forearmed as they say. The manager agreed we could have vouchers for a return visit for 4 to use the spa facilities, so all was not lost, and it didn't spoil our day.

The lime and ginger body scrub was a lovely treatment, although as it was only 40 minutes or so, felt a little rushed in that time, as part of that time includes you showering the scrub off. I would suggest a different treatment if you want something a little more relaxing. Post treatment we were taken to the Dreamwave room, huge bean bags on the floor with soothing wave sounds and lovely lighting. My daughter drifted off quite easily, itwas very relaxing The other two in our party had facials and couldn't speak highly enough of their treatment, and almost ""floated" over to us, post treatment. Maybe one to book for a future visit.

Lunch in the Terrace Restaurant overlooking the walled garden was lovely. Quite a decent buffet lunch, (cakes even)! We were greeted by the lovely Tiffany, such a pleasant young lady, who quite honestly helped make our day. She obviously enjoys her role meeting and greeting people.

There are cheaper options for spa days etc, but I think you get what you pay for, the facilities are lovely. I'm looking forward to using our complimentary vouchers,given as a gesture of goodwill for the "lack of facilities" on the day we visited. We will certainly have it on our list for future bookings too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review on your daughters birthday celebrations with us at the Club and Spa.

I am so pleased that you all had such a lovely (and relaxing!) day with us, and enjoyed the dreamwave room along with your treatments.

Please accept my apologies for the closure of the watsu area and lack of communication on arrival, I am glad however that the spa manager rectified this by giving you all vouchers to return to use the facilites again.

We all are looking forward to your return.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I did not stay overnight in this hotel, but I booked a spa afternoon which included a treatment. The treatment was a massage and it was very nice, the staff are all very polite and professional. The facilities at this hotel are wonderful and there is a lovely pool of a decent size as well as a very large jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room.

The spa was not that busy considering it was a Sunday afternoon, but I suspect it is often frequented by people not staying in the hotel, so it will never be fully quiet.

We also ate at the lounge bar and I found the food very good and they had large portions.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out some time to share a review with us on your recent visit to our Club and Spa.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful afternoon with us and enjoyed your massage along with the faclities in the spa area.

We hope that you can come back to us, and all the team look forward to seeing you again.

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was our 2nd stay and one of the only uk hotels I have been able to sleep in ! we Stayed for 2 nights , a wedding did take plac but did not create any noise. very close to city centre, great staff, service and quiet rooms.

Room Tip: above reception was quiet at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I am pleased to see that yet again, you had a lovely stay and a good nights sleep!

It is geat to hear that the staff were all friendly throughout the stay and despite there being a function taking place, you were not disturbed.

We hope that you can come back and stay again soon, and all look forward to welcoming you back.

Kirsty Mratin
LL18 2TE, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A returning visit. Excellent service. Fantastic facilities. Lovely pool and steam rooms. Highly recommended for the quality and value with in the area. A little out of the city center so a car or taxi needed for commuting.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends