“Spa break” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Spa break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here in the past on a few occasions ,so decided to go back for a little mid week spa treat with my niece.As always pleased with the hotel, and treatments and attentive staff .Nice glass of bubbly in spa pre treatment.afternoon tea and evening meal good standard in the brasserie.disapionted about not having the cookie on check in this time

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kirsty M, Reception at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay and spa day with us.

It is lovely that you chose to come back to us with your niece and had another great stay with us.

Please accept my sincerest apologies if your Cookies were missed on arrival, we will be sure to give you extra on your next visit, and very much look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.

Kirsty Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed over on the Sunday night for my Husbands birthday. As soon as we checked in we was greeted by Lee from room service with a birthday cake for my hubby. As I used to be a supervisor for the company I knew what high standards were needed, all my expectations were met and all the staff was on point!!! We had spa treatments which was amazing the lady who did mine 'Kerry' is a credit to the company, just so lovely!!! Breakfast was nice and relaxed too. I will be coming back to this hotel and will reccomend to all my friends and family.

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your husbands birthday here with us at the DoubleTree Chester.

I am pleased that you were impressed with your complimentary birthday cake, I will pass on your regards to our concierge, Lee, for delivering this to the room for you.

It is also great to hear that you experienced some amazing spa treatments during your time with us, and again I will be certain to pass on your thanks to the team in the Club and Spa.

It would be fantastic to see you back at the hotel again soon.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel offers all the benefits of a country spa hotel but is really handy for Chester City Centre. It is lovely to come back to after a day's shopping. Although the room we had wasn't particularly stunning,it was clean and had a great shower. The cookies were unnecessary but appreciated!

There were a few negatives: There was some noise one night due to a wedding taking place but other than that the beds were comfortable, with beautiful linen, and we got good sleeps; I was disappointed to find that an advertised treatment wasn't available (hopi ear candles); in places the ceilings in the spa were a little crumbling and in need of repair; on occasion the waiters/waitresses seemed distant and distracted.

However, the staff in the main were very helpful and attentive. The breakfasts were wonderful and the setting was lovely. An hour after leaving the hotel I realised that I'd left some items in our room. The staff were great at quickly finding these and posting them on to us at no extra charge to us. Many thanks for this - we appreciated that the good customer service continued even after we'd checked out!

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comments with us in relation to your stay.

I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay with us and found our relaxing location just outside the city centre to be advantageous.

It is a pleasure to learn that our reception staff were able to locate your forgotten items and get these sent straight on to you after your departure.

We hope that you get the opportunity to return to stay with us again in the near future, and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on the 11th October and when we arrived first impression were that the grounds were amazing and the hotel looked stunning. My wife and I were booked into the spa for the day. The spa and facilities in it are great, my wife was very impressed with the treatments she had on the day and was made to feel really special and relaxed.

We checked in at the hotel at about 3 and the lady at reception was very helpful, rather giving us the full ins and out of check out etc she gave us a leaflet explaining it all.

After checking in our experience starts to turn a little sour. I booked the hotel as treat for my wife's birthday and to have a relaxing break as she gave birth at the end of July. When we were walking to our room I noticed the leftovers from someone's room service breakfast on the landing on the 2nd floor, it was past 3 so this seems sloppy and dirty; maybe a sign of things to come.

When we got to our room, at first it seemed all well and good. Then my wife noticed a couple of stains on the bed runner, which we just then took off the bed. As she unpacking her stuff she noticed a stain on the wall at the side of the bed, the room we thought would be nice was starting to just seem tired. But worse was to come, as she was getting out of the bath she noticed urine stains round the toilet, this was the final straw and took what was to be a nice relaxing treat and ruined it.

We went out for the evening and when we arrived back the breakfast tray was still on the landing, we had been checked in for 9 hours, I was beginning to understand how my room was tired and stained.

When checking out the next morning, Mark asked how our stay was. I mentioned the stained wall and toilet, there was no apology, just "oh I'll get someone to have a look"

No apology just seems to add insult to injury.

Given the Hilton name I would have expected so much more and having read other peoples poor reviews I can see what they are talking about.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any issues you experienced during your stay.

I believe that our Front of House Manager has contacted you directly to resolve the matter.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here at the Doubletree for 3 nights - remember this place when it was Hoole Hall. We stayed in a junior suite room - very spacious - comfy bed-very clean all round. Check in was quick and easy and all the staff were very friendly and professional - loved the warm cookie on arrival and even asked for more of them during my stay. Breakfast was good - great start to the day. Hotel itself is situated in very well laid out grounds. Location is good just by the M56. This place is a dream and is great for a romantic weekend away.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay here at the hotel.

It is lovely to read that you had a great stay with us, and especially enjoyed you warm DoubleTree Cookies, and found our junior suite to be spacious and comfortable.

It is also fantatsic to hear that our breakfast was a good way to start your day.

All the team look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I recently stayed on business for 1 night. The hotel is situated just outside Chester within beautiful grounds. When I arrived (at a quiet time in mid afternoon) the receptionist appeared to be very busy and seemed to rush through my check-in process but it was all done very efficiently. My room was well appointed, clean and comfortable. The complimentary wi-fi worked well. I had dinner in the Marco Pierre White restaurant and, although slightly pricey, the food (and beer) was good. Breakfast the next morning was also good. The only criticism (apart from the highiish room rate) was that there was a pumbing problem affecting my room whereby the shower and sink unit backed-up very easily and drained away very slowly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kirsty M, Reception at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments in relation to your recent stay with us.

It is great to read that you had a comfortable stay with us, and that you had a nice meal in our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse.

Your comments in relation to sink drainage have been passed on to our maintenance team to investigate, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

We hope that you are able to return to stay with us again in the near future, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Rugeley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night at the DoubleTree Chester on Sunday 13th October 2013 on the half board 'stay and dine' package. This represents extremely good value for money. Although the dinner choice on the 'stay and dine' menu was a bit limited, you are also able to select from the a la carte menu up to the value of your £19.50 per person allowance, paying for any balance above that amount. A 10% service charge is added to your bill before the £19.50 per person allowance is deducted, which is a bit cheeky. The package included a double room with a king size bed which could easily have slept three adults (not that we did, you understand). Oh, and then there's the spa - absolutely amazing, and easily the best that we have ever encountered in a hotel. We particularly enjoyed the 'outdoor' jacuzzi. If you're thinking of staying at this hotel, do consider staying on a 'package' as they represent excellent value for money.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Paul F
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on your recent stay at the DoubleTree.

I am delighted to read that you were able to take advantage of our current Stay and Dine Offer, which gave you excellent value for money, and that you particulary enjoyed the facilities in our Club and Spa, especially the open air Jacuzzi area, along with your meal in the hotel Brasserie.

Your feedback is important to us and will be relayed to all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.