Doubletree by Hilton Chester
$108
$95
$91
3,347 results
All reviewsthe marco pierre white restaurantmpw restaurantdouble treewarm cookieshoole halloutdoor jacuzzion arrivalspa facilitiespresidential suitelovely hotelgarden roomgreat spamy partnerbuilding worksteam roomrelaxation roomspa break
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on the 11th October and when we arrived first impression were that the grounds were amazing and the hotel looked stunning. My wife and I were booked into the spa for the day. The spa and facilities in it are great, my wife was very impressed with the treatments she had on the day and was made to feel really special and relaxed.

We checked in at the hotel at about 3 and the lady at reception was very helpful, rather giving us the full ins and out of check out etc she gave us a leaflet explaining it all.

After checking in our experience starts to turn a little sour. I booked the hotel as treat for my wife's birthday and to have a relaxing break as she gave birth at the end of July. When we were walking to our room I noticed the leftovers from someone's room service breakfast on the landing on the 2nd floor, it was past 3 so this seems sloppy and dirty; maybe a sign of things to come.

When we got to our room, at first it seemed all well and good. Then my wife noticed a couple of stains on the bed runner, which we just then took off the bed. As she unpacking her stuff she noticed a stain on the wall at the side of the bed, the room we thought would be nice was starting to just seem tired. But worse was to come, as she was getting out of the bath she noticed urine stains round the toilet, this was the final straw and took what was to be a nice relaxing treat and ruined it.

We went out for the evening and when we arrived back the breakfast tray was still on the landing, we had been checked in for 9 hours, I was beginning to understand how my room was tired and stained.

When checking out the next morning, Mark asked how our stay was. I mentioned the stained wall and toilet, there was no apology, just "oh I'll get someone to have a look"

No apology just seems to add insult to injury.

Given the Hilton name I would have expected so much more and having read other peoples poor reviews I can see what they are talking about.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsty M, Reception at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any issues you experienced during your stay.

I believe that our Front of House Manager has contacted you directly to resolve the matter.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here at the Doubletree for 3 nights - remember this place when it was Hoole Hall. We stayed in a junior suite room - very spacious - comfy bed-very clean all round. Check in was quick and easy and all the staff were very friendly and professional - loved the warm cookie on arrival and even asked for more of them during my stay. Breakfast was good - great start to the day. Hotel itself is situated in very well laid out grounds. Location is good just by the M56. This place is a dream and is great for a romantic weekend away.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay here at the hotel.

It is lovely to read that you had a great stay with us, and especially enjoyed you warm DoubleTree Cookies, and found our junior suite to be spacious and comfortable.

It is also fantatsic to hear that our breakfast was a good way to start your day.

All the team look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I recently stayed on business for 1 night. The hotel is situated just outside Chester within beautiful grounds. When I arrived (at a quiet time in mid afternoon) the receptionist appeared to be very busy and seemed to rush through my check-in process but it was all done very efficiently. My room was well appointed, clean and comfortable. The complimentary wi-fi worked well. I had dinner in the Marco Pierre White restaurant and, although slightly pricey, the food (and beer) was good. Breakfast the next morning was also good. The only criticism (apart from the highiish room rate) was that there was a pumbing problem affecting my room whereby the shower and sink unit backed-up very easily and drained away very slowly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Kirsty M, Reception at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments in relation to your recent stay with us.

It is great to read that you had a comfortable stay with us, and that you had a nice meal in our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse.

Your comments in relation to sink drainage have been passed on to our maintenance team to investigate, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

We hope that you are able to return to stay with us again in the near future, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night at the DoubleTree Chester on Sunday 13th October 2013 on the half board 'stay and dine' package. This represents extremely good value for money. Although the dinner choice on the 'stay and dine' menu was a bit limited, you are also able to select from the a la carte menu up to the value of your £19.50 per person allowance, paying for any balance above that amount. A 10% service charge is added to your bill before the £19.50 per person allowance is deducted, which is a bit cheeky. The package included a double room with a king size bed which could easily have slept three adults (not that we did, you understand). Oh, and then there's the spa - absolutely amazing, and easily the best that we have ever encountered in a hotel. We particularly enjoyed the 'outdoor' jacuzzi. If you're thinking of staying at this hotel, do consider staying on a 'package' as they represent excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank Paul F

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on your recent stay at the DoubleTree.

I am delighted to read that you were able to take advantage of our current Stay and Dine Offer, which gave you excellent value for money, and that you particulary enjoyed the facilities in our Club and Spa, especially the open air Jacuzzi area, along with your meal in the hotel Brasserie.

Your feedback is important to us and will be relayed to all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here for one night with a group of friends following a Tough Mudder event just outside Chester. I did have an issue when checking in as they'd got my name spelt incorrectly on my booking, although this was quickly sorted. We were each given a cookie after we'd checked in (delicious and a very nice touch!) and I also received a voucher for a free drink from the bar due to my Hilton HHonors membership.

The room itself was clean apart from a mark on one of the curtains that looked like dried blood. The king sized bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was a good size. The free wifi was quick and I had a good signal.

The service at the bar was good and the breakfast the next morning was very nice with a good selection of items. It was one of the better hotel breakfasts I've had, although perhaps a little expensive at £12.95.

I didn't try out any of the spa facilities myself, but those in my group that did said they were very impressed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the DoubleTree on your recent visit to Chester.

I am pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us, and inparticular enjoyed your breakfast and the complimenatry wifi access.

We look forwward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.