“Comfortable Stay”

Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I recently stayed on business for 1 night. The hotel is situated just outside Chester within beautiful grounds. When I arrived (at a quiet time in mid afternoon) the receptionist appeared to be very busy and seemed to rush through my check-in process but it was all done very efficiently. My room was well appointed, clean and comfortable. The complimentary wi-fi worked well. I had dinner in the Marco Pierre White restaurant and, although slightly pricey, the food (and beer) was good. Breakfast the next morning was also good. The only criticism (apart from the highiish room rate) was that there was a pumbing problem affecting my room whereby the shower and sink unit backed-up very easily and drained away very slowly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Kirsty M, Reception at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments in relation to your recent stay with us.

It is great to read that you had a comfortable stay with us, and that you had a nice meal in our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse.

Your comments in relation to sink drainage have been passed on to our maintenance team to investigate, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

We hope that you are able to return to stay with us again in the near future, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kirsty Martin

Write a ReviewReviews (3,156)

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night at the DoubleTree Chester on Sunday 13th October 2013 on the half board 'stay and dine' package. This represents extremely good value for money. Although the dinner choice on the 'stay and dine' menu was a bit limited, you are also able to select from the a la carte menu up to the value of your £19.50 per person allowance, paying for any balance above that amount. A 10% service charge is added to your bill before the £19.50 per person allowance is deducted, which is a bit cheeky. The package included a double room with a king size bed which could easily have slept three adults (not that we did, you understand). Oh, and then there's the spa - absolutely amazing, and easily the best that we have ever encountered in a hotel. We particularly enjoyed the 'outdoor' jacuzzi. If you're thinking of staying at this hotel, do consider staying on a 'package' as they represent excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul F
Kirsty M, Reception at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on your recent stay at the DoubleTree.

I am delighted to read that you were able to take advantage of our current Stay and Dine Offer, which gave you excellent value for money, and that you particulary enjoyed the facilities in our Club and Spa, especially the open air Jacuzzi area, along with your meal in the hotel Brasserie.

Your feedback is important to us and will be relayed to all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here for one night with a group of friends following a Tough Mudder event just outside Chester. I did have an issue when checking in as they'd got my name spelt incorrectly on my booking, although this was quickly sorted. We were each given a cookie after we'd checked in (delicious and a very nice touch!) and I also received a voucher for a free drink from the bar due to my Hilton HHonors membership.

The room itself was clean apart from a mark on one of the curtains that looked like dried blood. The king sized bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was a good size. The free wifi was quick and I had a good signal.

The service at the bar was good and the breakfast the next morning was very nice with a good selection of items. It was one of the better hotel breakfasts I've had, although perhaps a little expensive at £12.95.

I didn't try out any of the spa facilities myself, but those in my group that did said they were very impressed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the DoubleTree on your recent visit to Chester.

I am pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us, and inparticular enjoyed your breakfast and the complimenatry wifi access.

We look forwward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I can wholly recommend this hotel. Clean and well presented with very freindly staff and excellent accommodation and amenities. A good experience all round and the warm cookies on arrival are a lovely touch

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Had junior suite and it was a lovely spacious room. Very large and comfortable bed. Helpful and friendly staff. Very good and varied breakfast. Enjoyed the warm cookie on arrival. Good location just outside Chester.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the hotel.

It is lovely to read that you had a nice stay with us in one of our spacious junior suites.

We hope that you get the opportunity to return to stay with us again soon, and we all look forward to welcoming you back with some more warm DoubleTree Cookies.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked online & paid £80 for 1 night, when we arrived the reception staff were very informative.
That evening we dined in MPW steakhouse and had an enjoyable meal.
For breakfast we ordered room service, it was 30 mins late and the milk and fruit had been forgotten, we called room service to let them know and they sent milk and 1 fruit up not bringing the other portion. The breakfast itself was rather disappointing, tasteless beans and hard dry croissants.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsty M, Reception at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that our reception staff were informative on arrival, and that you enjoyed a nice meal in our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse.

Your feedback in reation to breakfast is valued, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvience you experienced, I have passed this to the restaurant manager to follow up with the team.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I recently dined at the hotel and enjoyed the "7 course taster menu" which was a present from my husband for my birthday. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, it was simply outstanding. My friend and I dined like queens for the evening, the food was simply breathtaking and the service and ambience were first class and I can certainly recommend here without question and will be returning very soon!

Mrs Lisa Done

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LisaDone
Kirsty M, Reception at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

It is absolutely lovely to read that you and your friend had a wonderful evening with us celebrating your birthday with our 7 course taster menu.

I will be certain to pass on your comments to the Marco Pierre White Steakhouse manager to feed back to his team.

We all loook forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the near future.