Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Bawn Lodge(Chester)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
3,321 results
All reviewsthe marco pierre white restaurantmpw restaurantdouble treewarm cookieshoole halloutdoor jacuzzion arrivalspa facilitiespresidential suitelovely hotelgarden roomgreat spamy partnerbuilding worksteam roomrelaxation roomspa break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here with my fiance and as it was our anniversary we booked the Sunday Romance Package. I just wanted to thank the staff who were all extremely pleasant and helpful. Our spa day was fantastic, room immaculate and service exceptional. I would definetely recommend this hotel and spa to others. We have already talked about returning very soon.
Julia

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsty M, Reception at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay and spa day with us.

It is fabulous to read that you had such a fantastic time with us and that all the staff members you encountered were able to help. Your comments are appreciated and will be passed on to all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Firstly, I really enjoyed the warmed welcome cookie I was given at check-in!
Every member of staff I spoke to was friendly & helpful. My room was nice and clean but I did not enjoy the encrusted dirt on the TV remote control. Other than that there were no problems.
Disappointing food options but what I had was fine.
The hotel is in a good location & easy to find.
Parking was a little difficult.

• Stayed: May 2013
Kirsty M, Reception at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree Chester.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us, especially your welcome with our warm DoubleTree Cookies.

I am disappointed to learn of our shortfall in service in relation to your TV remote, we thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you experienced this.

Your comments in relation to the helpfulness and friendliness of our staff are welcomed and will be relayed to the team.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed one Saturday night with my good lady. Many moons ago we had stayed here when it was 'Hoole Hall' but this hotel seems to have been renovated/added to since then, so it wasn't particularly familiar. Check in was very friendly, quick, efficient and as our room was ready at midday this was an added bonus. I requested a quieter room & this was all sorted prior to checkin. Used the gym facilities and these were excellent, large selection, lots of free equipment & all in excellent condition. Didn't use the spa/swimming pool so cannot comment on these.

Room in good condition, quiet, comfy and good power in the shower. All spot on. Was offered a free drink at the lounge bar which we took advantage of; the drink and place was enjoyable, but the bar got overcrowded with wedding guests so our initial plans to stay longer changed. Check out at 11am the following day was straightforward and absolutely no hassle. All in all a very relaxing place to visit.

We intend to visit the property again very soon, for a longer stay, as we really enjoyed our time. I cannot comment on breakfast as we didn't bother, or cost of room as this was covered by 'Hilton Honors' points. But the break was exactly what we wanted and it was easy to award the hotel 5 stars for the stay.

Room Tip: Speak to the hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mister.c.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree Chester. I am delighted that you chose to stay with us to redeem your Hilton Honors points.

I am pleased to read that we were able to have your room ready for an early arrival and that we were able to honour your request for a quieter room and that you found the condition of the room to be of our usual standard.

I am glad that you also had the opportunity to take advantage of the facilities in the gym and found these to be excellent.

We are certainly looking forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My partner had booked a room
and meal for my birthday and we were extremely impressed with our stay. Gorgeous and comfortable room, relaxing luxurious spa and fantastic staff!! We were made to feel so welcome - every member of staff we encountered greeted us with a smile and were so friendly and helpful. Can not praise the customer service enough! Meal at MPW was divine - again with fantastic staff who chatted with us and treated us to complimentary champagne. All in all, a fantastic and relaxing stay - we cannot wait to visit again!!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts with us on your recent stay here at the DoubleTree Chester.

It is great to hear that your partner chose to bring you here to celebrate your birthday and that we did not disappoint!

Your positive comments regarding our staff are greatly appreciated and will be relayed to all the team.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal at the Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and that again, the staff were attentive and friendly and enabled you to have a relaxing meal and treated you with some champagne. I will pass on your feedback to our Food and Beverage and Restaurant Managers to share with their teams.

We are all happy that you had a fantastic stay and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here in June for business, room was very good and spacious. Staff friendly at check in, restaurant was great - will stay here again. Hotel is situated in a nice set of gardens, it is about 30 mins walk from town centre or 5 mins drive.

Great night sleep too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree on your recent buisness trip to Chester.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay with us, from the moment you checked in, to eating your meal in our restaurant, to a good nights sleep!

Your feedback is appreciated and will be passed onto our team members here at DoubleTree.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.