Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Chester Court(Chester)
$100
$90
3,347 results
All reviewsthe marco pierre white restaurantmpw restaurantdouble treewarm cookieshoole halloutdoor jacuzzion arrivalspa facilitiespresidential suitelovely hotelgarden roomgreat spamy partnerbuilding worksteam roomrelaxation roomspa break
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Ok where to start with this one. Firstly its not cheap, £190 a night albeit this was on the night before the races (a Friday).

The hotel is lovely, really well finished and very high spec throughout. The service is spot on and you absolutely cannot fault the food which is fantastic. The Marco Pierre restaurant was a joy, food stunning (again expensive, but as a treat great stuff). Try the steak, huge and delicious!

We had a spa day, went as couple for my 32nd bithday, and this was good, not great, as we never recieved our glass of sparking wine which was disapointing. The treatments were very good, the place was busy and things did not quite run to time, but this wasnt any real issue for us.

The hotel that weekend really did seem very busy and we noticed early on that the walls were thin, this did not prepare us for what was to come.

We went to bed around 11ish and people were still coming in and being generally quite noisy, but it was Friday night so you cannot complain at this! However...around 2.30 in the morning we were awoken by the most almighty domestic row taking place in the next room to us I have ever heard in my life. This was not your standard row but a situation which was quickly descending into something much more serious with physical violence taking place and the language and volume disguisting.

After 30 mins we called security who came quickly but probably through policy did not remove the people but asked them to be quiet otherwise the police would be called. This stopped them for a matter of minutes before the row restarted. Eventually the woman left the hotel of her own accord and we were finally able to try and get back to sleep, sometime around 330 to 345.

The final thing I heard him say was you have '****ing wrecked my life', well you wrecked my birthday night so thanks for that if your reading.

The next day the manager after a conversation gave us 25% off the bill which was appreciated.

The hotel great, the experience one never to be repeated!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lauren-Douglas, Guest Relations at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Please accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of the guests that disrupted your stay.
I assure you this is not a regular occurrence at our property, and this too was just as disappointing for us to experience.
Despite this, I am pleased to see this has not altered your perception on what was an overall enjoyable stay.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just had a weekend break at the hotel, which was lovely.
Great location, beautiful hotel, pool and gym amazing, breakfast was superb, loads of choice and very tasty, bar area was lovely with very pleasant staff,
Dinner in the brasserie was nice, but could have been better, not much atmosphere in there.
Hotel was very noisy during the night, lots of shouting and commotion from other guests, but this was dealt with well by the staff, and would not stop me from returning.
Overall a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am very pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay and the unfortunate disruption will not prevent you from staying again.

The team at Doubletree hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Good location for the motorway, plenty of parking and very pleasant reception staff. The room was very presentable and comfortable. I had room service and the meal was delicious - chicken curry yum yum.

The breakfast was unhurried and I sat in the conservatory which was very pleasant.

Will stop here again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

I will take great pleasure in relaying your comments back to the team.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I went to a Spa day at this hotel with two of my friends. The hotel is just beautiful and the moment you arrive, they are welcoming.. upon arrival we were given bathrobes and slippers before sitting in a tranquil area and provided with a glass of champagne. We then had a choice of treatments including massages, facial, body scrubs, pedicures etc. I opted for a manicure as i am currently pregnant, however my friends had body scrubs and they said they were amazing. We then were taken to a quiet room that played low music and you lay on bean bags or beds relaxing before we went to lunch. After lunch we then enjoyed the hotel facilities including jacuzzi, swimming pool, hydro pool, sauna, steam room and more. After a leisurely coffee and shower we then went to the Marco Pierre White restaurant for a steak meal which was amazing. the staff friendly and the surroundings indulgent.. We had a package deal for this deal which for all the above (except lunch) was £59 which I think is unbelievable value. they often have offers of this type on each month and if you like to be pampered, then this is the place to go

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mypetal26
Lauren-Douglas, Senior Receptionist at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for telling us about your fantastic spa day.
There are always offers which you can take advantage of so please do keep an eye out!
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here for one night as it was close to Chester Zoo, Cheshire Oaks and Chester city centre. Its location is perfect. Only £5 each way via taxi into the ceity centre. Hotel was modern, clean and well maintained. We didnt eat in the hotel but the restaurant and bar areas looked lovely. Would definately stay again! Welcome cookie was a nice touch!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your time at Doubletree.
Please do come and dine with us during your next stay.

L Douglas