“Poor Customer Service!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“Poor Customer Service!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Having booked this hotel for a colleague, the hotel stay was adequate. However whoever I've had the displeasure of speaking to on the telephone re: a misplaced room key has had an appalling terse attitude throughout.

Room Tip: Avoid having to speak to anyone, as you'll only be made to feel inferior and a nuisance.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Abbi L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My partner and I have just stayed the weekend with some friends at this wonderful gem of a hotel!
From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were very surprised at how good the location was & that there was ample affordable parking so close by.
The hotel reception and lobby were nicely maintained and tastefully furnished and the reception staff on duty were professional, friendly and helpful.
The rooms although a little small had been refurbished and had all the facilities needed for a comfortable stay and the bathroom was very bright & new!!
Housekeeping do a great job as everything was lovely & clean,..and i have to say, the bed was probably the most comfortable I have stayed in, in a very long time.
A great range is offered at Breakfast, Something for everyone, my only criticism would have to be about the mushrooms which could have done with being seasoned when cooking as they didnt have any flavour and the black pudding was overcooked but couldn't really find fault with it, very tasty and the breakfast staff were very efficient & courteous!
We decided to eat in the hotel on the second evening after looking at the menu.
It made a change to see everything being reasonably priced and when it arrived all four of us were delighted with the presentation, taste and value for money!
Have the Ribs if you get chance,... They are the BEST!!
During our stay, nothing we asked was too much trouble and I'd just like to Congratulate Paul and his team,- Kirsty, Heidi and the rest of the gang. Thank you for doing such a great job and going the extra mile to make our stay so pleasurable!...
(Thats how you run a Hotel)..
Can't wait to stay again :0)

Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I had a weekend stay here. The hotel is a bit old fashioned and would benefit from an update in decor but everything was clean and tidy. The room was a reasonable size and spotlessly clean. The only disappointment is that the television was a small crt type and reception moderate. Based in the middle of the city, the access to the centre of town is great.
The food was standard fayre but well cooked and good quality so no compliants.
Staff were very pleasant, friendly and helpful.
If you can get this at a discount as we did it is very good value for money - at full price it seems overpriced when compared to others.

Room Tip: Get it at a discount.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel deserves a lot of praise for many many reasons,
First off I arrived a little later than planned and the restaurant had closed but the staff recommended a few places to eat nearby but went one step further and called the restaurant of my choice and arranged for some food to be delivered what more could I ask for!!!
During check in I was given directions to my room with the staff helping me into the lift with my bags which I never expected once inside my room I was astounded by the size and cleanliness everything was spotless very impressive. On my second night I called down to reception and asked what was on the evenings menu and was told by Kirsty that she would go and ask the chef then call me back but if there was something I had in mind she would ask the chef if he could make it for me a personal chef yes please!!! I ordered some food and asked for it to be brought up to my room the food arrived quickly and was good value for money

Overall I was very pleased during my stay the hotel is in a perfect location for the city and transport links with a old fashioned Tudor style on the outside with a good mix of old and modern decor inside, the staff go far and above the call of duty to ensure their guests have an enjoyable stay I would recommended this hotel to all and will stay again next time I'm in Chester thank you to the staff for a great stay

• Stayed May 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Room 204 at this hotels wants boarding up and never using again ,.an absolute waste of £100 and this is with a premier inn just down the street...toilet wouldn't flush,window wouldn't open,tiny room even smaller bathroom..I'd have been better off sleeping in the car ..

2 Thank Iancadd

Travelers are raving about these Chester hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have been numerous times to this hotel and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else, the service is superb, the staff are all friendly and extremely helpfull and make us most welcome every time we visit. Thanks to all the staff look forward to our next visit. Anne and Tommy.

Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

This B.W. is a cut above , yet maintains the charm of Chester. Tudor look with modern room bedding and video. We enjoyed out stay and will use them again to enjoy the charm of this amazing city of Chester. Next time we will spend more time in both.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple