“Coach Holiday”

Hallmark Inn Chester
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel via a coach tour, from 30/07/12 - 03/08/12. My son and myself stayed at the Westminster and found the staff to be very friendly and efficient, and nothing was too much trouble for them. This made our stay all the better. The food was of a high standard and the chef is a credit to the hotel. Congrats also to Lewis (One of the waiters), who just started this week, though we didn't know this until management told us after we mentioned that he was good at his job. Will most definitely be back.

3  Thank ann s
General M, General Manager at Hallmark Inn Chester, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

I would like to say thank you for your kind words and comments and am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay, we do pride ourselves on customer service and the service the staff provide and I have spoken to Lewis who was delighted to have this recognition in his first week, I have also passed the review to the Chef and his team.
We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hallmark Inn Chester

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Have just returned from a nights stay at the Westminster hotel , nice hotel , very friendly staff ,on arrival we were given a free bottle of wine and 6 free drinks tokens , so we never had to buy a drink during our stay which was brilliant !!! Breakfast was exellent loads to choose from and buffet style so could eat as much as you liked . Our room (208) was a lovely family room newly decorated . Only down side was the £10 charge for parking and no free view channels on the tv in the rooms which were advertised . Overall we had a pleasant stay.

2  Thank Emma W

On behalf of myself and my team at the hotel, thank you for taking the time to write your review we always appreciate comments and feedback which help us to improve and provide our guests with a happy stay.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Just returned from Chester, booked in what I thought was Queens Hotel, but when got there told it was sister hotel just across the road. When we checked in,we were given an upgrade.The rooms were ok, but it looks tired and old fashioned. Our room had a lovely view of the roof top of what I think was the kitchen. The pigeons certainly liked it, there was plenty of evidence, and they were cooing madly at about 5am! The room was unbearably hot, even with the window open, the duvet was thick and heavy, cleary more suited to winter. However the room was adequate enough for our needs. Breakfast was good, there was plenty of choice, apart from no museli, and this was a bonus as when I booked, the booking said breakfast not included, but we were told when checking in that it was. Within easy walking distance to city centre, we would stay here again at a push, it just needs abit of a makeover.

1  Thank beachbodymidlands
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Have just returned after a four night stay at this Hotel, our Room (120) was very small and the shower room miniscule and had seen better days badly in need of being ripped out. Breakfasts though were first class lots of fresh fruit, cold meats and cheese, and terrific selection for the cooked breakfast. Dinner also good choices something for everyone and staff friendly and efficient. Just a pity our room spoiled our stay. Handy for buses and the rail station.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Misty6016
Reviewed June 12, 2012

One night stay on a weekend conference in May. Brilliant location, straight off the train and across the road and checking in within 10 mins. The reception, bar and dining room staff all polite and courteous. The bar was busy, being a Saturday evening, but the two young male staff were on the ball and very polite. After pre dinner drinks, went to dine and my goodness what are they thinking of?? After perusing the menu we all chose different starters, main courses etc... I chose the chicken ceaser starter which was very nice, to follow I decided on the fish(cod if I recall correctly) which arrived looking very sorry for itself!! It was a washed out grey colour moulded into a circle and lay on top of an even more insipid looking mashed potato circle, the veg accompniant being ONE SMALL FLORET OF BROCCOLLI and ONE SMALL CARROT??? It was dry and tastless. Others in my group were less than impressed with their choice's. I chose for dessert cheesecake which again was beautifully presented but of meagre portion.
I was staying in room 1, it was clean, if a little dusty, please someone dust the wooden carved rose in the middle of the headboard!!! I sleep with a window slightly open as I alway find hotels too hot and stuffy. Big mistake!! There is a big air conditioner outside which was on and off from the early hours of the morning!! Also many guests had to pass my room en route to their own, and the floorboards just outside the door creak every time, and you can hear their conversation as they pass. The door has a gap underneath so please either fix the floorboards or install a heavier fitted soundproof door, would be my suggestion. The bed was comfy and the bedding clean, as was the bathroom, bit dated but clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Me and my partner came here after a desaterous break in Prestatyn. We searched on late rooms and found this hotel with a special offer of 3 free drinks each and breakfast and considering the hole we came from (Prestatyn pontins...a complete nightmare) we were just glad to have a shower and a bed to be honest. We paid £79 for a night and we were upgraded to a fantastic room with a huge King size bed for no extra charge. Staff were lovely and the atmosphere was exceptionally relaxing. It is right opposite the train station and only a short walk from the town. If I was to have a slight bug bare it would be having to pay £10 parking however the carpark is the most secure in the area so it is only a little niggle. Lovely place to stay and they do have a best western premier for a little more money, I can only imagine that it may have slightly more room but I was really happy with my stay at the Westminster.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Recently stayed there during Queens Jubilee.Rang up instead of booking online and the price cheaper. Only paid £139 for 2 nights double room which included 3 free drinks each per night and all you can eat breakfast.Excellent VFM. Had dinner in the hotel restaurant and wasn't disappointed.
The hotel staff were very friendly and nothing too much trouble attending to all our requests promptly and without complaint.
The room was small but had everything we needed and for the price paid cant complain as we were expecting a lot worse after reading some of the reviews.
The location was excellent only 2 minutes from the railway station and 5 minutes walk into Chester which I would definitlely recommend to anyone wanting a weekend away.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple