TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,484 results
All reviews simon radley restaurant la brasserie valet parking arkle bar thermal suite turn down service continental breakfast afternoon tea five star hotel deluxe room beautiful hotel mini bar table service special occasion tasting menu porridge car park
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

excellent stay, our room was amazing with a lovely cake and personal letter on arrival in our room, all staff went out of their way to ensure we were looked after, dinner was such an experience and would definitely recommend the Simon Radley restaurant where the food served and level of service is beyond expectations

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheChesterGrosvenor, Guest Relations Manager at The Chester Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Liz99NorthWales,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of The Chester Grosvenor.
Both the team and I were delighted by your comments, and were so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. To have exceeded your expectations is a huge compliment! I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location. Staff in the Brasserie could be more on the ball and professional, especially at breakfast time. I did notice if you ordered a half bottle of champagne at breakfast it was £42, and if you order it in the evening it is £70!!! Our suite was lovely and clean. I thought bottles of water in the room should be complimentary but they are not. It does have an extensive minibar. The spa is very good, and I was able to book last minute. Great manicure. Thank you

Dear sallyrichard2015,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.
I am pleased to hear you found your room to be comfortable and your comments about our Spa & team are most appreciated. I am however disappointed by your breakfast experience and please accept my apologies for the shortfalls in service you experienced on this occasion. Our half bottles of champagne which is advertised in our breakfast menus are priced at £42.00 whilst our full size bottles are priced at £74.00. My apologies if this had not been explained to you during your stay with us. I appreciate your time in bringing your experience to my attention and hope to be able to welcome you back once again next time you visit the city.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Upgrade to a suite. The room (215) is amazing. Well worth the extra. Wonderful two night stay. Central location so everything is in walking distance. Access to the city walls is across the road from the hotel. Enjoyed the river trip. Option for a 30min or 2hr trip. Recommend the 2 course early bird dinner served with a glass of bubbly....

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheChesterGrosvenor, Guest Relations Manager at The Chester Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Paul H,

Many thanks for taking time to review and also for choosing The Chester Grosvenor for your recent stay in Chester. We are so pleased that this was such a memorable experience! I cannot thank you enough for your kind feedback and truly hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 16, 2019

We have stayed here numerous times. The service was not as good as previous visits. We ate in the Brasserie. The food choice was poor and the cooking of it even worse. My wife ordered chicken, when it came it was 2 thin tasteless slices. I had the steak, which was cooked well but was covered in ratatouille & chorizo. This masked the steak flavour, chorizo & steak do not go together in my opinion. We ordered sides of chips, which were old & tasted like cardboard & veg. They were even worse, the greens had not been cut & piled on the plate. The carrots were cut in half and that was how it was served, not sliced nor batons. It was like a 5 year old had prepared them. We did not eat them and they were taken off our bill.
We love this hotel but standards need to return to what they were.
Dissatisfied & disappointed does not really put into words something we looked forward to that has left a bitter taste in our mouth.
The service in the arkles bar was poor, no one took our order and we had to go up twice and order at the bar. We are not lazy but this is a 5 star hotel and we expect someone to take our orders.
I did order flowers for my wife (Ivory roses, the colour we had when we got married) they were peach & pink!
I arrived on crutches and when I got there was asked to go & stand at the cashiers office, not sit at the desk to book in. It’s little things like this that made this hotel stand out & different from others

1  Thank we8united

Dear we8united

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of The Chester Grosvenor, and I'm so sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Feedback is welcomed and valued, whether positive or negative, as we're always interested to hear the views of our guests. Furthermore, I do hope that we may have an opportunity in the future to fully restore your faith in our services and should you wish to contact me directly please do so at guestrelations@chestergrosvenor.com at any time at all.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

Lovely hotel. Staff friendly and very helpful. Excellent central location with doorstep access to the city centre, Roman walls. Room very comfortable. Modest gym but well equipped. Drawing Room for a quiet relax is a bonus too pending room access etc.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TheChesterGrosvenor, Guest Relations Manager at The Chester Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2019

Dear 50NMR,

It's always good to know when our guests have enjoyed their stay so much. The Chester Grosvenor certainly enjoys an enviable location right in the heart of this wonderful historic city with shops and attractions right on the doorstep. We hope you will return again soon!

Best wishes,