“If you are a tourist do NOT go to this pub! You will not be made welcome!”

The Red Lion Inn Handbridge
Ranked #266 of 558 Restaurants in Chester
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Red Lion Inn is a traditional quirky British pub serving fine foods and cask ales
Newcastle
“If you are a tourist do NOT go to this pub! You will not be made welcome!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We visited this pub for a drink on a quiet week night, had 1 drink and then were refused another. The reason..... " it is 11pm and we have just stopped serving. There was no call of last orders and more importanly no call of time either!
Imagine the disgust that we felt approximately 3-4 minutes later when the SAME barmaid pulls a pint of Guiness, a pint of lager and 2 whiskeys for a group of locals / friends of hers!
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PUB AT ALL!!!!!!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Chris M
Daniel J, Owner at The Red Lion Inn Handbridge, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hi I've just opened my business 19/03/13 I'm sorry that in the past you had a negative experience at the red lion, but I feel that if you were to return now you would enjoy yourself as we take pride in looking after our guests. Would really appreciate it if you could remove your negative comments as this bad review could affect my future business. Kind regards Daniel James

Melbourne
“Best Coffee in UK”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had breakfast here one morning and were very impressed. The english breakfast was yummy, but the coffee was the best we found in the Uk and we tried pretty hard!! The pub was clean and the atmosphere was cosy english pub style. A great find.

Visited April 2012
Daniel J, Owner at The Red Lion Inn Handbridge, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thanks for the lovely review you've left upon your last visit. We now have a new chef and new menu and would love to see you again, Regards Dan
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great lunch...”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Four of us had lunch here on 19th March and it was spotlessly clean. The bar food was very good value and served quickly with a smile. Would recommend for lunch.

1 Thank luigi.90
“I went there.i will not return. Need I say more”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Lousy beer, worse food staff are not Much better I will not be returning terrible experience

3 Thank Ghadidonk3y
Daniel J, Owner at The Red Lion Inn Handbridge, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food!”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We have had two visits for an evening meal and on both occasions the food was excellent as well as the service.