“Cosy and comfy”
Review of Brookside Hotel

Brookside Hotel
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel has a cosy, comfortable feel about it. Our room was right at the top on the third floor, it was compact as it had a double and a single bed in it as well as other furniture. Very clean and comfortable. Tea/coffee facilities. There are a number of comfy sitting areas on the ground floor. Breakfast was excellent. Just 10 minutes walk to the city. Great place to visit. We really enjoyed staying at this hotel and visiting Chester. The hotel cat was really cute too.

Room Tip: If you don't like narrow stairs ask for a room that's easily accessible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GillianP3

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel at the beginning of May and I cannot fault it. No it isn't a posh hotel but it is what it says it is - a 3 star hotel. As a lone female visitor I was worried about checking in to the hotel but I needn't have worried. The staff were so helpful and immediately put me at ease. The room was perfectly comfortable and my evening meal was huge and well cooked. Breakfast did not disappoint either - plenty of it and so I didn't need lunch! All the staff were friendly and helpful - absolutely nothing was too much trouble and they even let me leave my luggage after I checked out as my train was not until the evening - this was free of charge! Perfectly acceptable as a 3 star hotel and I will be visiting again soon.

2  Thank amanda0973
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Brookside Hotel the Thursday before Easter, we arrived early and we were able to leave our car here and make the comfortable 15 minute stroll into Chester City Centre. We checked in no problem and were taken up to our room, which was a good size even with the spare single bed in the room, but most importantly it was clean. Breakfast was more than adequate, you could order a full english or a continental breakast, the food was hot amd tasty, you couldn't ask for more. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed May 18, 2013

we stayed here for the 3 days of the chester races with my parents, as we checked in we were showed our rooms which ours had be upgraded to the 4 poster bedroom, this was lovely mbut the floorboards creaked with every step, we only had breakfast which was very good everything you wanted and hot!,didnt have evening meal which was available but very expensive, we had drinks at the bar which were reasonable. this hotel is very friendly,only 5mins in a taxi to the centre and about a 10-15 min stroll,staff were very helpful and would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay anywhere near chester without being right in town

Room Tip: twin rooms are lovely with lots of room and a big shower,4 poster room has a bath lower floor is bet...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful stay in Chester. The price was right so the lovely clean room, tastefully furnished with modern bathroom, very friendly and helpful staff (even if English wasn't their first language) exceeded my expectations. Got lost on the way there (locals can't give directions to save themselves) but, once there and supplied with the map printed for me at reception, it was easy to get around the fabulous city centre. Easy on-line booking.

Room Tip: Rooms near the kitchen get some noise from the workers and equipment
1  Thank HLHAbeltas
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Clean room,no noise except for rain on the roof which I like
Adequate bathroom
Moderate walk into town and along to the station. I had expected locals to know where Liverpool Road was,fuggedabout it. Eventually found the place. I suggest you take more notice of the map on the website than I did.
I was there to run in the Chester half marathon and breakfast was started early to accommodate us looney runners,a nice touch!!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for the night as we were visiting Chester Zoo. It is an ideal location, about 5 minute drive. It is also very close to the town centre. When we checked in the receptionist was extremely helpful. She showed us all the best places to eat and drink, she even got us the phones numbers and addresses. We had been upgraded to a family room which was beautifully decorated, the room and bathroom was stunning. Can’t praise this hotel enough, would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and we will definitely stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mariongillyhow, Owner at Brookside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for your extremely kind words regarding your recent stay. Nothing pleases us more than to hear a guest has had a memorable stay. We hope to meet you again soon in the not too distant future.