Brookside Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$121
$64
$139
$97
PremierInn.com
All reviewsa small double roomcity centrefriendly hotelfour postermin strollrecommend this hotelevening mealbath showerjust returned from a night staybooked this hotelquiet locationtwo nightsfamily roomtop floorbreakfast was excellentfull englishcar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Stayed recently with my Aunt at this B & B. The rooms that we were given were satisfactory and the staff were extremely helpful. I certainly appreciated the help I was given in getting my case up to the room. When we came down for breakfast the menu stated that everything is locally sourced, however, when my Aunt's breakfast was delivered the tomatos were canned. Only time that I have ever seen canned tomatos offered with a cooked breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank karamarr
Reviewed July 18, 2011

There's nothing really wrong with this hotel, but it's not nearly as good as it could be. The receptionist when we checked in was friendly and helpful, and there were a couple of decent lounge areas to relax in. The room was clean enough, but looking a little tired. Boards were very creaky throughout the building, and whenever anyone flushed the loo upstairs it sounded like a torrent of water cascading through the room.

Breakfast choice was poor with no prepared fruit, only two cereals and no options other than a cooked breakfast or subset thereof. Considering the hotel serves evening meals with an extensive menu I can't understand this. I've had far better breakfasts in three room B&B's.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We hired The Brookside for a family function. Marion and her staff were excellent on the day and we could not fault anything. The food, service and surroundings were exceptional. Would definately recommend this hotel to family and friends.
Pete and Barbara Griffiths June 2011

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BarbaraGriffiths
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at the Brookside hotel in Chester last October with my husband. One of the reasons we chose it was that it was quite reasonably priced -and had a free on-site car park.

The hotel was about 10 minutes walk away from the centre of Chester. This meant that we could come and go - both day and night with ease.

The rooms were relatively large - and the bathroom clean. I would say that perhaps the rooms are due for an overhaul as it all seemed a litle dated - so don't expect anything modern.

After our evening out in Chester we returned to the hotel and had a drink or two in the lounge. It was quite a popular place to be - with a few family groups gathered for drinks. Nothing rowdy, it was all quite civilised. A lot of guests had eaten in the hotel restaurant that evening.

Breakfast the following morning was very well presented.

The receptionist said that we could leave our car in the car park after check out until we were ready to leave Chester. This was useful as we wanted to spend the morning walking on the river side before setting off back home.

Overall I was happy with our stay -and would certainly stay at the hotel again the next time we visit Chester.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anne L
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We wanted a romantic weekend in Chester and this Hotel suited all our needs, not far to walk to the wonderful shops of Chester and we also found some lovely restaurants.
Staff very friendly and helpful, we will be back soon without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple