“Great location, great price”
Review of The Eaton Hotel

The Eaton Hotel
Ranked #41 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked 3 nights at the Eaton Hotel. It's not the Hilton, but it is clean and is in the process of being renovated. It is very well located; about a 10 - 15 minute walk to the Chester Cathedral. My room overlooked the canal and consisted of a clean, comfortable double bed, some furniture, a clean ensuite with toiletries and also tea/coffee making facilities and free WIFI. An English breakfast was included in the price and was excellent especially the mushroom omelette. Being an hotel, there was a bar and restaurant where one could enjoy a nice ale and dinner after a day of sightseeing, both of which were good value. The restaurant also had a beer garden overlooking the canal. The staff were friendly and helpful. I recommend the Eaton Hotel for its proximity to town and for its value for money accommodation and superb breakfasts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for The Eaton Hotel

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I booked a room for a friend of mine coming to visit me in Chester a whole week. It's a convenient nice cheap place, placed in a great central position close to the station and city center. The bathroom was tidy and the room small but really comfortable and suitable for one person. If some other friends come along in Chester to visit me I'll book again here again for sure!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tizitti
Reviewed August 19, 2013

On arrival they appeared to have let our room to someone else though said that the previous occupant had taken the key (same reality probably!).
Also despite checking before and that the welcome details in room confirmed they were PET FRIENDLY they were unaware till arrival that I had two small dogs awaiting a room with me.
Finally I was offerred a room!
The room was poor...no plug by drinks tray. Disgusting shower..tiny bath only suitable for a dog!
No hospitality...food was cold/lukewarm at breakfast. They are not AA star rated just self rated I think. Ceased to be rated (they left) by AA in 2003.
Pub on ground floor slightly 'dodgy' (I felt). I hour parking 8 to 6 Mon to sat. Not free parking all time as told 'on street'. Please go somewhere else. This spoilt the beginning of our holiday. Our B&B in the Wirral next day was unrated and 5 star by comparison. Horrible!

Room Tip: Just go elsewhere.I booked through Late Rooms and I consider the reviews I read were not reliable in...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Would not say again, location is perfect BUT the hotel needs attention, when we went in to our room there was still luggage in there from the guests be for us which didnt smell nice, the bedding was all ripped and not clean, the shower was dirty. If the rooms were clean and updated then this hotel would be perfect. Was not worth 65 pound a night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The Eaton hotel has a nice view of the canal and the many homeless people sleeping right outside. The rooms wouldve been nice if not fitted with 12 pieces of furniture leaving no room to move about. The only way to get some air circulating in the room is to attempt to open the window that was painted shut.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank bbonnes
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed there on a race night and had a good time. When I got home I realised I had left my electric toothbrush (£70 in cost). I got back in touch with the hotel and they returned my item to me. I appreciate the honesty of the hotel staff. Thanks

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andy1966_10
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just one night in Chester - stayed here expecting a less than great experience due to the bargain B & B price, but pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Very friendly staff, my room was spotless - lovely quality bed linen, nice touch of a teapot on the tea and coffee tray and good biscuits! Sadly the cook was off sick so no evening meal available as the location, just by the canal, looked lovely for a sunny evening. Great location though for other places to eat within a few paces. Really can't stress what great value this was - about half what we normally pay when we come up to Chester on business. Parking on-street was easy, but they do also have a car park nearby apparently. Breakfast was pretty good, so all in all would definitely book again.

Room Tip: Room 1 was lovely - at the back overlooking the canal - very pretty. Smallish bathroom but adequate...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business