“Celebrating our Anniversary”

Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Celebrating our Anniversary”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I really cannot believe what I am reading about the last two comments about this hotel. We stayed there 1st and 2nd June to celebrate our Pearl Wedding Anniversary. We dined in the Restaurant on both nights and the food was excellent and extremely well presented, and we were not kept waiting at all for our main course, apart from the time it obviously took to cook!!! so how the gentleman said he had to wait well over an hour baffles me!!! As to the woman who said there could be more choice for breakfast, there were about 8 different types of cereals to choose from, numerous cooked choices including kippers and smoked haddock as well as a full English, yoghurts, fruit, toast, and fruit juices, goodness me what else does she want. We found the staff really friendly and helpful. The room was lovely and the bathroom was absolutely spotless. Yes we were overlooking a car park but do some people spend all their time in their bedroom looking out at the view. We did not use the spa but we were told at the time of booking if we wanted to use it then it would be advisable to book in advance which is normal for most spa hotels. We had a lovely time there and would not hesitate to recommend it to our friends and family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sylvia T
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your Pearl Anniversary with us.

Thank you for your comments 'there were about 8 different types of cereals to choose from, numerous cooked choices including kippers and smoked haddock as well as a full English, yoghurts, fruit, toast, and fruit juices, goodness me what else does she want. We found the staff really friendly and helpful. The room was lovely and the bathroom was absolutely spotless. Yes we were overlooking a car park but do some people spend all their time in their bedroom looking out at the view. We did not use the spa but we were told at the time of booking if we wanted to use it then it would be advisable to book in advance which is normal for most spa hotels. We had a lovely time there and would not hesitate to recommend it to our friends and family.'

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Rowton Hall Hotel in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
liverpool
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed just two nights recently for a spa pampering weekend but found that the room I had been given was very noisy, doors being banged all the time. I had a quite a nice snack in my room, early evening but later decided on a meal in their restaurant. You would not believe how long I waited for the main course, the starter was fairly quick but I had to wait nearly one hour 40 minutes for the main course. They were fairly busy but that is a ridiculous time to wait, I did complain to the reception but apart from an apology I received no offer of compensation. Also keeping in mind I came for a spa weekend I was told that they were fully booked for a procedure I wanted. Had to wait until the following day just before I was checking out. All in all, I did not think that the £400 cost was money well spent.

Room Tip: if you visit this hotel make sure you ask for a room away from the noisy areas.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Paulul j
074, Owner at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay but I am delighted that another guest has answered on our behalf. My sincere thanks to the guests who were celebrating their pearl wedding anniversary.

Regarding your comment 'You would not believe how long I waited for the main course, the starter was fairly quick but I had to wait nearly one hour 40 minutes for the main course.' I am sorry to disagree but we do record the times on all of our meals during service and we have looked through all of our orders for May and no body waited an hour and 40 minutes for a main course.
Darwen, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Arrived on a rainy chilly evening. Our room was in an annex overlooking a very neglected area of the hotel. The view was of garages/workshops, with old discarded chairs and rotting woodwork.
The bedroom and bathroom were very clean and well presented. The bed was comfortable.
What let the place down was the cold, no heating turned on in the bedroom. We ate in the dining room hoping to get warm but no heating in there either. I ate my meal with a coat on.
A member of staff said he would sort out the heating in our room but it never happened. The second day seemed even colder but still no heating. After three phone calls to reception on second evening someone brought a portable heater to the room which made such a difference.
Food was very good but could do with more choice at breakfast.
The staff were pleasant and friendly.
Didn't use the Spa facilities just in case it was cold in there as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dorothy F
074, Owner at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014

West Midlands
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Will be returning soon.....

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
What a fantastic review and we are delighted that you found your stay 'heaven'.

Thank you for commenting on 'What a fantastic hotel...staff excellent and friendly, room very comfy and homely. Was made to feel very welcome. Pool area spotless and inviting. Especially enjoyed the food and the whole dining experience was heaven....
Will be returning soon.....'

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2014

we arrived for the wedding reception and were not disappointed although the weather outside was grim the reception and interior were bright and sunny. Nothing was a problem for staff. we were shown to our table, the food was lovely and very well presented. Although we were booked in our room took a while until it was ready as did others in the wedding party. The room was very spacious and comfortable. the only down side was there are no family rooms only suites and we had a camp bed in the room to accommodate my son which I found rather expensive at £20.00 ideal for couples but not as a family room. would return with my partner

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments and we are thrilled that you enjoyed the wedding reception that you attended.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowton Hall in the not too distant future.
Herts
Reviewed May 28, 2014

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
What a great review and thank you for your wonderful comments 'We are delighted We had our wedding reception and also celebrated my parents Golden wedding anniversary at Rowton Hall. I subsequently stayed on a visit with my daughter. Staff are wonderful, food was excellent and the grounds are beautiful. It is on the outskirts of the city which ensures it retains its peace and tranquil setting but within a 10 minute drive to the city.'

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowton Hall in the very near future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed at Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa a week ago on a mini-break with my boyfriend.

Hotel is beautiful, service excellent - friendly staff attended to our every need, we were so well looked after. Restaurant was delicious, facilities excellent, room beautiful, everything perfectly clean.

The only two things we would change are the dated CD in the restaurant (listening to Eric Carmen's 'All By Myself' was not romantic!) and also to extend the breakfast hours, which finish at 9:30am, perfect for a business trip, but not quite so relaxing for our mini-break.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014

What a wonderful review and we are thrilled that you spent a 'wonderful couple of days in Cheshire'

Thank you for commenting on 'There weren't too many other guests so felt like having our own stately home! Would certainly recommend as a get away. Easy drive into Chester too, and the Cheshire Ice Cream Farm is also nearby - lovely for a tasty treat in the sun!' 'Would certainly recommend Rowton Hall Hotel & Spa as a venue. Would normally be out of my price range but there was a living social deal with discounts included. I also believe they do lunch promotions in the restaurant if you are ever passing by to eat.'

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowton Hall Hotel soon.