“lovely hotel.”
Review of Rowton Hall Hotel

Rowton Hall Hotel
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I booked this on a KGB deal for my wife's surprise 50th get away. We booked for 2 nights from Wednesday 3rd to Thursday 4th of April '13, on a B & B basis and an hour long full body massage each.
First the hotel, it was very clean well presented and very inviting. We felt welcomed and relaxed as soon as we walked through the door. Our bedroom was warm and very nice although our security safe was broken. Yes there was a TV in the bathroom but we didn't use it.
Their staff in the restaurant and bar were so helpful, polite and always served you with a smile. Which carried on even when you bumped into them around the Hotel.
The food was very very good and I would question anyone who said they were still hungry after a meal, evening or breakfast. We ate in on both nights because the food was good and if your a coeliac like my wife you need not worry they were superb in taking care of her.
The spa, well the pool was like a bath and after a few lengths all you wanted to do is lie back and sleep.
The girls who gave us the massages were so charming and attentive and the setting/rooms were cosy and so relaxing. Well done girls we loved it.
If I had one small complaint it would be aimed at the girls who came in to help clear the breakfast tables on Friday morning because they obviously didn't like doing it by the looks on their faces. They should take note on how the lads take care of the guests and learn, especially the one with a trouser suit and dark hair.
I read the reviews after I booked the hotel and all I can say is that you will never please every one.
Thanks again for a lovely couple of days.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments and we are delighted that your wife had a good 50th.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Me and my new husband went here for our Honeymoon, We stayed in the room id asked for as id seen the photo on the net. It was SOO LOVELY,Big,Clean, The bed was MASSIVE and comfy, The bathroom had its own tv in it!
The swimming pool gym etc, were spotless!
The staff were really helpful and friendly .
Chester was lovely but we didn't have time to look at everything.
We sadly only stayed for 2 nights but would love to go back, ITS WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF.
THANK YOU FROM THE NEW MR AND MRS EVANS.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your fantastic review, we are delighted that you and your husband had a wonderful honeymoon here at Rowton Hall Hotel & Spa.

We look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Where do we start?! From the moment we arrived on the 18th of April, the eve of our wedding, we could not fault rowton hall or it's staff. They were attentive, helpfull, accomodating and most of all enjoyable to be around on our wedding day. Food was impeccable, rooms were fantastic and atmosphere was unbelievable! Anything we wanted was given to us. Anyone thinking of having their wedding here don't hesitate, best day of our lives for obvious reasons but rowton made it that much more special! Thankyou from the bride and groom!!

• Stayed: April 2013
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We are delighted that you had the best wedding day ever. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Rowton Hall soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The weekend away started in Manchester and finished at Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa. We arrived just after lunch on the Sunday and were shown straight to our room.
Beautiful room with all the things you would expect from a 5 star hotel, robes slippers excellent bedding, towels etc.
Spent the afternoon swimming in the very clean and tidy Spa and reading the Sunday papers
which were all on display, a nice touch.
Breakfast was served at your table and I must say was one of the best I have had in a long while, as the day was not too great we spent the morning in the Spa, a lovely light lunch of fish cakes and salad, glass of wine and home, super hotel high recommended.
Booked through Secret Escapes great value at £108
Stephen N
April 2013

Room Tip: If there is a wedding on ask for a room away from the ballroom, which we did.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your spa break with us. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future..

Reviewed April 18, 2013

When we arrived we could see a wedding was taking place however had we had known that we would have booked a different day. We would have liked to have been pre-warned about this as we wanted a relaxing break. We were given a cosy but shabby room, that needed updating at the front of the hotel overlooking the outside space smokers used. The spa was nice and of a good standard, and luckily wasn't busy as all the guests were enjoying the wedding. However, when we came to going to sleep, this is when our experience turned for the worst. We were given a room at the front of the hotel, which faced the entrance and outside bar space. We understand weddings will be loud as people are enjoying themselves but we didn't expect the noise level to continue past 2am. We expected to be given a room away from the nosiest areas but we were right in ear shot! We could hear conversations of wedding guests, who of course were jolly and extra loud. When they came to leave the amount of noise was unbearable. We called down to reception who never answered. Cars were revving their engines and the noise was continuous. When finally the noise did die down around 3am trying to sleep on the uncomfy bed was impossible. Me and fiancee must have had less than half an hours sleep. In the end we decided to get up as soon as the spa opened and used that before breakfast began.
Breakfast was nice apart from the fact when i asked for ketchup it was slapped on my plate without asking me where i wanted it. I just thought this was rude.
I feel this hotel could have been a lovely relaxing break, had we been told a wedding was happening so we could have changed our visit dates or at least given us a room away from all the noise. When you go away expecting a relax away from it all and instead you get no sleep and would rather be at home, it defeats the point of a night away. I wouldn't stay here again due to lack of thought for non-wedding guests and the planning surrounding this.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank robben1985
074, General Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

I am so sorry to read your valuble comments. i would very much like to discuss your stay with you . If you would be so kind to let me have a number that I could contact you on, or alternatively if you would like to contact me at the hotel number.

Yours sincerely

Tony O' Hare

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have just come back from an overnight stay it was a present for my girlfriends birthday she really enjoyed the whole experience we did get a deal on the room but would of gladly paid full price. We had an evening meal which was fantastic value for money £19.99 for 3 course meal breakfast was also good. My girlfriend had a spa treatment which she loved ,the beautician was carol she has not stopped singing her praises. All the staff are very polite and welcoming we would definitely recommend and go back

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your review we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and spa experience here at Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I bought a Spa package for my parents for their Christmas present at Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa and decided to take my wife and kids at the same time last month. The kids absolutely loved it and spent a great deal of time in the nice warm pool, in fact my only criticism of the place was the pool was maybe too hot!!. We ate at the restaurant in the evening and the food was 5 star. During the day we had food in the health club and again that was great and we were well looked after by the front of house who was called Keith. We enjoyed it so much that when I raced at Oulton Park last weekend, I booked rooms for both myself and my team mate again. I mentioned to Keith that we were going to be up too early for breakfast and he offered to have something made for us before breakfast was open…. You can’t ask for better service than that. We will be back. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your lovely review, we are delighted that you had a great stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your team mate back to Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa soon.