“Wedding venue par excellence!”
Review of Rowton Hall Hotel

and 1 more site!
Rowton Hall Hotel
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Rowton Hall was chosen for our son's wedding both for the beautiful building and grounds but mostly for the dedication of the Manager, Tony, and his wonderful staff. We were not disappointed! From the very start the whole team displayed a professionalism of the highest order. Nothing was left to chance, everything that was promised was done to a very high standard. Our family and all of our guests were made to feel very special in this beautifully maintained country house. We were warmly welcomed and every little need was speedily attended to. Every single member of staff, without exception, was cheerful, courteous and extremely hard working! All of our rooms were beautifully decorated, quiet, very comfortable and provided anything we might require. The food was delicious, perfectly presented and served by very attentive staff. The children in the party were welcomed and treated so warmly. We would recommend Rowton Hall unreservedly. Thank you Tony and all your staff for making the day so perfect.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed February 24, 2011

I am writing this review a little late...but better late than never! I just wanted to give a brief overview of rowton hall for any other people wishing to hold a wedding/ wedding reception at this location! The service and overall personal touch is second to none, Everything was done with such a personal touch, myself and the the entire wedding party was made to feel like the hotel was our home. I went to Rowton after i was let down 4 weeks prior to the wedding date by the double tree hilton hotel in chester ( they had double booked all our guest rooms and the bridal suite , a large corporate firm took preference over us the only thing they offerd us was to pay taxi fares from the venue to another hotel for us all to stay elsewhere!!! as you can imagine i was devastated) so i cancelled and re-located to rowton hall. I wish i had chosen them first!!!! with such a short time scale everyone at rowton hall pulled everything together perfectly! The manager-Tony is a true gentleman, the wedding co-ordinator Victoria is an absolute angel, Our toast master and host for the day- was fantastic! The food was delightful, the facilities were great, our suite was beautiful. The building & grounds are beautiful, The health spa & gym are also fabulous- i have visited them since for a spa day with my best friend and again we could not fault anything. I would highly reccomend Rowton Hall for any event or relaxing break, i must add i am not easily pleased and can be very fussy....Rowton hall ticks every box for me!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank judenrob
Reviewed February 18, 2011

This service and friendliness of the staff was second to none.Very helpful and always smiling.The room was very clean and well furnished.Best part of the hotel is the swimming pool and sauna and steam room,and my girlfriend loved the spa. I will definately be going back.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We decided to stay at Rowton Hall for a night away from it all. The whole experience was supurb. The receptionist was chatty and cheerful. We stayed in the Lord Byron suite, which is large and spacious with a very comfortable bed, a very clean en-suite with bathand shower and a tv. There is a sofa and a large flatscreen tv. We had dinner in the restaurant, the bar staff and restaurant staff were very attentive. The food was lovely and fresh and hot.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lexi71
Reviewed January 25, 2011

stayed for 2 nights with pet no additional charge which is an added bonus. staff very friendly and professional cleaning excellent spa facilities excellent and had 2 treatments food and the service was excellent all in all very pleased would suggest a comments card though for little niggles like poor tv reception via freeview and hook broke on bathroom door only 1 robe left these only little things but could improve the whole experience.room was a little small but for a couple of nights ok

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Booked Rowton Hall for the weekend as a birthday surprise for my husband last year - he had to work on his birthday (poor thing!) at the Ramada in Chester over the weekend.

The staff were such great sports keeping the secret that he was actually staying for the whole weekend and not just for one night and that my daughter and I were joining him for the weekend; they booked him in a single room to start with and everything.

The room was gorgeous - very spacious, with ample room for the extra bed put in for my daughter. The bathroom was welcoming and designed very much to my taste – loved it.

The food was superb; we have multiple allergies between us, so I know everything given to us was cooked from scratch. I asked for Eggs Benedict on the first morning - it was not on the menu, but this is Rowton Hall and the owner made sure I got whatever I wanted – my daughter’s medical food requests were also met to the letter.

While my husband was in Chester, my daughter and I had an opportunity to sample the spa's facilities’ and have some serious girlie bonding time – I felt so good afterward – almost addicted. I went down to the gym before breakfast the next day – that NEVER happens when I stay in hotels.

In the business we are in, we stay in hotels constantly; everything from 1.5 to 5 star luxury and the service we had at Rowton is now up there with my top two in the UK (Radisson Edwardian Manchester and Hotel du Vin, Poole).

All over Christmas and New Year, our fantastic stay at Rowton Hall came up in conversation after conversation.

The owners were really nice people and very hands on. The huge international hotel chains will always be around – family owned places like Rowton Hall deserve our support.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We stayed here between Christmas and New Years in one of the master suites. From start to finish, we were treated like royalty.
We arrived to a friendly welcome in reception, checked- in with no problems. The room was gorgeous, with really comfy bed and sofa. The location being so close to Chester meant that popping into town to find somewhere to eat took no more than 10 minutes. The bathroom was lovely, huge bath tub and a power shower too. Really good nights sleep and woke up to an amazing breakfast. Try the sausages!
The hotel had a spa with some great deals on, which I unfortunately did not get time to take advantage of.
Will definitely be back in the summer to enjoy the stunning grounds.
Thank you!