“Lovely lunch”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Third visit here we nip in the odd time for lunch when we are out shopping! We always have the shared starter with the pate meats and balsamic onions always lovely never disappoints. For mains this time I had the whitebait calamari and prawns battered and deep fried which was lovely. My husband ordered the risotto off the specials chicken and spinach which was tasteless other than the overpowering after taste of Salt. We quickly told the waitress and asked the manager if we could change the dish he came over asked the problem and my husband ordered the same dish as me. Felt complaint was handled well manager later came over and said we were right it didnt taste how it should. The waitress who served us was lovely my husband had the tiramisu for desert and said it was the nicest he's had in a long time. Would definitely return!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“lovely meal”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had a lovely meal at Carluccio's. Staff were very accommodating, food was gorgeous and reasonably priced. Lovely atmosphere and a great amaretto coffee to end the night!

• Visited March 2014
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“badly managed”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

asked the waitress whether she thought my ravioli should be swimming in the water it was cooked in and she said no it shouldn't so why bring it out of the kitchen then?
I was asked if I'd like "chef" (hahaha) to cook me another portion with the advertised sage butter this time instead of water but I declined because by then I couldn't be bothered either since the chicken liver pate starter had been seriously bland and came without an explanation for the missing cornichions. A very different experience to the fab meal we had in Carluccio's in Dublin last year so can only conclude that this place is badly managed although the staff seem very nice.

• Visited February 2014
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Birthday Treat”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We visited 25th Feb for my birthday treat & we had a fabulous evening.

The service was very good & attentive & the meal was exceptional we could not fault it.

To start we enjoyed the bread tin & large olives, there was a very good selection of breads & the olives were so delicious. I then tried the spinach & ricotta ravioli & my partner chose the spicy sausage penne, both were beautifully cooked & presented. We shared the tiramisu for dessert & it was again very tasty & it finished off the meal perfectly.

I highly recommend the Prosecco it went perfectly with every course & it was delicious.

I cannot fault the restaurant at all the service, the food & ambiance were all 100% spot on.

We cannot wait to return, it was the nicest meal we have had outside Italy

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Great spot for lunch”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

An impromptu stop for lunch with family. A warm and friendly welcome and despite a table not being ready, we were told how long we would have to wait. In the event, the waitress managed to sort out a table for us within a matter of minutes. Great menu and a very good value set menu. The restaurant was busy but we had excellent service and the food was first class. Highly recommended and was up to the high standards of other Carluccios we've visited.

• Visited February 2014