“Top notch service to accompany the usual Italian fare”

Carluccio's - Chester
Ranked #83 of 564 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The restaurant was uncharacteristically quiet between 5 and 6.60pm on a bank holiday Sunday, for an early dinner. Service from the Polish waitress was top notch, and the usual Italian food was pretty good. Calves liver with red onion jam and sauteed potatoes (accompanied by a side dish of green beans) followed by chocolate bread and butter pudding with vanilla cream, washed down with a glass of montepulciano d'abruzzo. Splendid!

There are newer reviews for Carluccio's - Chester

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went here for a late lunch in between errands, I was seated quickly and my drink order was taken, drink came 10 minutes later and my order was taken, I started with Bruschetta, which was delicious, I had ordered my main with my starter however upon the waitress clearing my starter plate I was informed the fish delivery had not arrived and was asked if I wanted to see the menu again, I would of prefered to be informed earlier so I could have looked while awaiting my starter, I chose to have ravioli, it was nice, though it did take a while to arrive as did the dessert bread and butter pudding which was advertised as warm but arrived cold so was'nt nice though I've had it before from the Carluccio's in Liverpool and it was delicious then, so it may have been forgotten as I received it after the shift change. I've been here a few times and will be back again, it's not the best italian in Chester but it's good value and good service most of the time, if your looking for somewhere special give it a miss, if you just want somewhere nice for lunch this is a good place to go.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

A group of five of us visited here last week. The food was ok but it wasn't as nice as some italians I have visited. A few of us had the BEEF lasagne. This was quite dry could have done with more sauce and I could taste lamb when eating my meal. When we asked the waiter he insisted it was Beef but said he would double check with the chef. It was confirmed it did contain half lamb mince. I personally think they should state this on the menu.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visited Carlucchios early evening. Our waiter was excellent. He was extremely helpful and made recommendations of what was good.
My husband is not a fan of Italian food but he thoroughly enjoyed his meal.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Beautiful traditional little place in the heart of chester. Had the bruscetta to start the clams and spaghetti for main and the strawberry tart for desert. Cant fault it beautiful food full of flavour. Also my mum had the meatballs which also sublime. Will definitely return.