“Good food, good location, whats not to like?”

Carluccio's - Chester
Ranked #91 of 553 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chester
“Good food, good location, whats not to like?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been meaning to review this for a while. We have visited four or five times for lunch or a coffee and cake and its all good. The pasta here is delicious (I guess its the same at each restaurant as I've also been to the Tunbridge Wells one and that was lovely too). Coffee and cakes are excellent. Its a very busy place and noise levels are usually quite high, but it caters for all ages and welcomes children as well. The service is usually very good, even when it is very busy. The takeaway cakes and the Carluccio's "stuff" is very good too. There are some lovely ideas for gifts for foodies. Located centrally in Chester, it is certainly one of the best places for lunch. I've not been in the evening but have heard good reports.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ChesterBiggles

Chester, United Kingdom
“Light lunch with the dog!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I love this Carluccio's but when the weather is good I love the fact I can take my dog and sit on the outside tables.
The staff are always very friendly and attentive and the food can not be faulted.
Always excellent!

1 Thank KDreview
“Fast service, good food, and excellent gluten-free menu!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We visited on a Sunday, for a late lunch, (we were booked in at 3.30), and the service was excellent right from the start! Drinks order was taken immediately, and they were swiftly brought out to us, and then our food order taken when we were ready.
Starters came out really fast, and as soon as we had finished these, the main courses were swiftly brought to us. Excellent service throughout the whole meal!! Staff were very friendly and polite.
We visited Carluccio's for a birthday meal, and we handed a cake that we had bought from the supermarket to them when we arrived. They were more than happy to set the candles up on the cake, and bring the cake out to us for desert (along with side plates). This was very nice of them we felt, and helped to add to the experience.
The gluten-free menu here is excellent, they offer a wide range of pasta dishes to choose from which are gluten free. There is actually a separate gluten free menu, which is very rare to come across!
Overall, a great experience, and would definitely visit again!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Will_owen
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Shopping lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Very nice atmosphere in this place... We were just looking for something quick and light for lunch and that's what we found :-) Tracey had the bruschetta while I have the bean and pasta soup (quite filling!). Service was friendly... All in all a very pleasant lunch...

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gary J
Leeds
“Really ordinary food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

First time I have had dinner in here. The pasta puttanesca was really dull with very little flavour and under cooked chewy pasta. My wife chicken looked like something from the local supermarket. Tiramisu was also very bland and ordinary considering the cost. No better than Bella Pasta in my opinion. Antonio Carluccio must be regretting selling his name along with this chain.