“Comfortable cake eatery”

Zugers Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Chester
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Comfortable cake eatery”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Nice cakes and coffee. Nicely appointed restaurant with a hint of Vienna and a hint of Lyons Tea Room.

Cheshire
“a mothers day treat.”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

my husband took me and our 1 year old to zugers for my mothers day treat. Lovely lunch, beautiful cakes and a great milkshake for my daughter. No actual kids menu but my daughter was happy and full with a share of ours. Very nice relaxing lunch, can't wait to go back for more...

Wales
“Lovely coffee shop/cafe food with a chic continental twist”
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My partner and I had lunch here on our arrival in Chester. The Zugers platter was lovely though I wasn't quite sure about the prawns, nothing wrong with them, just not sure that they went with the other meats. My partner had a toasted sandwich which had been properly made with toast rather than in a "Breville". She also had a divine chocolate milkshake which was really filling. I had an amazing chocolate and marzipan cake for pudding, which was beautifully made with thin layers of cake and marzipan throughout, real continental style. Definitely an excellent palce for cakes and coffee.

Manchester
“Lovely afternoon coffee with cake!”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I'd definately recommend visiting Zuger's if your in Chester. Fresh drinks and delicious cakes with a helping of friendly staff.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Something a little bit special - you won't find cakes like this elsewhere in Chester”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We visited Zugers on a rainy Saturday afternoon and really enjoyed our late lunch and cake. It reminded me of the coffee houses we had visited in Vienna, with wood pannelling and great waitress service. We had walked past quite a few times and been tempted by the delacies in the window. We wanted something savoury to eat so my husband had the soup of the day served in a huge bread bowl - recommended by our waitress and I opted for a Coronation chicken sandwich. The savoury menu was a bit expensive, with our choices being of the cheapest on offer at around £5. More fancy sandwiches and omelettes etc were on offer but I think these were upwards of £7. Putting the price aside, the service was very quick and helpful, and it was nice that the waitress remembered what we had ordered instead of asking who's was the soup etc. Whilst enjoying our late lunch, we could not help but be tempted my the sweet delights on offer at the counter, so it felt rude not to indulge. Both of us had a cupcake which was huge, complete with fresh cream, and fresh fruit. They were works of art!

I would definitely go to Zugers again but its not somewhere you just pop into for a cup of coffee whilst in town. It's more special than that. With coffee and cake for two costing around £10, go to Zugers when you want to treat yourself!