TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I cant Express what a fantastic meal we had at Sergios. Everything was absolutely spot on from the wine, food and the brilliant staff. One of the best Italians I've been too. Would definitely go again!!

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,195)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stumbled upon this place on our first visit to Chester. Would have settled for a decent pizza on the night but saw the fantastic range on the menu. I ordered the Tonno Sorrentino and was thrilled to be asked how I wanted the tuna cooked, I only get this for steak in this country. My wife had the Zappa. di Pesce, both were outstanding, we have not tasted dishes like this outside of Italy. The place is clearly family owned with traditional values of warmth and service. Loved Chester and want to return. Would like to eat at Sergio;s every week. Go there, eat fish, eat pasta, go home with a smile.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Once again an excellent evening fantastic staff and excellent food always an enjoyable experience look forward to our next visit

Reviewed October 16, 2019 via mobile

Our daughter recommended Sergio on our visit to Chester.
The food was superb and the service was excellent. We shall be returning.

1  Thank Maesincla
Reviewed October 15, 2019

A friend of ours had visited Chester and found an Italian restaurant tucked away near the cathedral but couldn’t remember the name of it. We found Sergio’s as she’d described and booked a table although it was a very wet Monday evening. I was so glad we did.
When we returned at 7 pm the place was buzzing. The staff are friendly and helpful, describing the specials in detail. The main menu is extensive so it was difficult to choose, but my husband and I both chose the antipasto contadino, chargrilled vegetables. It was so fresh and delicious. I had the special, frittura pesce for a main and my husband had a calzone. He said it was lovely, and my main was one of the nicest meals I’ve ever had in an Italian restaurant. The mixture of fish was fresh, beautifully cooked and amazing!
The staff were attentive but not pushy despite being very busy.
This restaurant was superb and next time we visit Chester we would definitely go to Sergio’s.