As everyone will say, slightly hard to find on 1st visit but you will want to go back!
It just took a phone call to pin point the location, which is one of it's Ace cards. James from the hotel joined us in the car to direct us to the parking area which was a short drive and shorter walk back, he couldn't have been more courtious and helpful, once back to the hotel he booked us in, showed us where everthing was, took us to our room and made sure we were happy. This was the standard set. We dined at the hotel restaurant that evening having the two course meal with 1/2 carafe of wine included each! Wonderful meal, the beef bourguignon melted in the mouth.
The location is a courtyard to the rear of St. Peters church (oldest in Chester) which puts it behind the picturesque shops in the centre, yet our wednesday morning was very peaceful and quiet, not so Tuesday evening which was comedy night, which we went to,(not for the easily offended but we laughed alot) this was held in the room below our bedroom with music til 2am yet we didnt find it too intrusive.
All this right in the middle of the sights of Chester.
The room was freshly modernised, I think the smallest of the five but with the long 'hallway' to the bedroom area and large bathroom with seperate full body shower it felt like a suite, very comfortable.
The building is full of character in keeping with its suroundings so you feel at the heart of Chester. This hotel suited us perfectly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury accommodation, a wide selection of drinks, the warmest of welcomes, the liveliest of atmospheres in the most exquisite of locations… ‘…A gem hidden in the heart of Chester…’ We have five beautiful double en-suite rooms, including a luxury 'Lord Byron suite', each with a book of poetry written by their namesake for your enjoyment during your stay. We have 3 high quality entertaining bars serving traditional ales, fine wines, superb spirits and fabulous cocktails. We attract a fun-loving clientele from 18-80, especially at weekends when our renowned resident DJs spin their collective mix of disco-dancing tunes. We will always ensure you are made to feel very welcome at the Commercial and we provide something for everyone, every day of the week! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your The Commercial Bar & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant And Hotel
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant Hotel Chester