“Fantastic!!”

Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Nearest bus stop 300 yards
Description: Hickory’s Smokehouse is Chester’s authentic American BBQ. Here you can enjoy a traditional style of cooking that has its roots in the US, but that we think deserves to be just as popular over here. Our menu offers two styles of BBQ. The southern-style ‘Smoker’ BBQ uses slow, wood-fired cooking in our specially imported American smoker oven. The northern-style ‘Yankee’ BBQ is cooked over sizzling hot coals. Both styles create unbelievably tender, delicious meat and fish.
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I always wanted to know why there was advanced booking needed to go to a bar and grill.
Well my first experience was last night, me and my friends were greeted by lovely friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you and the atmosphere was lovely! We had a drink before we sat down for a our meal. The food getting served to you was quick .. wasn't to much waiting round :)
The meal was out of this world! I would highly highly recommend hickorys. To everyone. If you enjoy steak and ribs. This is defiantly the place to go!!

There are newer reviews for Hickory's Smokehouse

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I came here fore my birthday with my family. Lovely food as always, staff are really friendly. One thing though, I did feel that the music was a little loud and felt I had to shout when trying to have a conversation. Other than that I really do love this restaurant.

I recommend the soda's they do especially the cherry soda.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We visited hickorys on Friday 18th July on a day out to chester having noticed it once before on a previous visit ( It was 10am and the place was packed with people ). We decided to call in and book a table for 8pm that evening, the only table available inside was at 5.30pm and they don't reserve tables outside which is where we really wanted to sit with it being a hot day. We decided we would come back a bit earlier and wait for a table outside. having got there at 5.15pm we were eventually seated at 6.30pm after having a few drinks. The restaurant is in a great position overlooking the the canal with friendly attentive staff and a great atmosphere. When the food arrived we were not disappointed, I had ordered the rump steak and it was cooked to perfection as was the other rump ordered by my friends wife gill. Alan had ordered the barbecue beef ribs and when it arrived we were all open mouthed, it was huge and it tasted fantastic ( I had to pinch a piece from him ). While waiting for our food we were looking at everyone else's saying " that looks good" and all food that came out looked amazing, can't wait for my next visit when I'm going to have the beef ribs. Hickorys is very very busy and now I know why, consistent "great tasting food".

Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is certainly one of the 'in' places to go and is thriving. Even on a week day you will need to book in advance if you want to eat between 5pm and 9pm. We walked up without a reservation on a Monday but were told they had nothing for an hour and a half. I felt fortunate to get a table at 6pm the next day. The setting is very nice and they have outside seating overlooking the river. I shared a meat platter with a colleague and it was immense. There were 3 or 4 different types of rib, spicy sausages, beef brisket, pulled pork, BBQ beans and chips. We only just managed to finish it and couldn't have managed a starter or dessert. The beef ribs were my favourite and I will definitely return for them next time I'm in Chester.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

The smell outside literally drags you in and the food was fantastic. I had pulled pork and it was so tender with no fat.
Great service and we did not feel rushed at all. They were very busy but we were never kept waiting.
Definitely need to book as many people were turned away while we were there as they were full.
Fab food and will definitely go again