“Mmm mmm mmm !!”

Hickory's Smokehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Hickory's Smokehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Nearest bus stop 300 yards
Description: Hickory’s Smokehouse is Chester’s authentic American BBQ. Here you can enjoy a traditional style of cooking that has its roots in the US, but that we think deserves to be just as popular over here. Our menu offers two styles of BBQ. The southern-style ‘Smoker’ BBQ uses slow, wood-fired cooking in our specially imported American smoker oven. The northern-style ‘Yankee’ BBQ is cooked over sizzling hot coals. Both styles create unbelievably tender, delicious meat and fish.
“Mmm mmm mmm !!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Such a great place to eat it looks fantastic very authentic. Ate here with family on a Saturday evening we had a good sized table (2 children with us) waitress was polite an recommended the bucket of bud for me an my brother. I had the brisket which came in a jerry can style tin with bbq sauce. Everyone's food was really authentic an tasted amazing I couldn't fault it. I would recommend booking early as it gets busy really quickly. I can t wait to go back there's so much more on the menu I want to try !!

• Polish first
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Great food and Great service”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I went here for lunch with a friend on a busy Saturday after it being recommended and it did not fail to disappoint. We were seated to a table straight away, we were then brought a bag of popcorn and jug of water while we decided what to order -very nice touch I must say. We both ordered the fajitas, which came within 10 minutes and were delicious. Overall I was so impressed with the food and the service. A lot of praise has to be given to the staff here who work hard to make a very enjoyable dining experience.
Would definitely go back and have already recommended.

• Visited July 2014
North Wales, United Kingdom
“Very pleasantly surprised - EXCELLENT”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Always thought this place would be a gimmicky type chain restaurant. How wrong was I. We decided to eat here because we wanted a late lunch and as it serves all day though it would be a good bet for somewhere with a bit of life. We were right. Monday afternoon 3.30pm and the place was heaving. A great sign. Brilliant experience from start to finish. Helpful waitress offering a choice of table - very important to me as I am super fussy about where I like to sit. Bottle of water and bag of popcorn presented immediately, nice to munch on whilst choosing off the brilliant menu. Both my husband and I went for pulled pork, mine as a sandwich and my husband's as the meal with beans. Both meals came within 5 mins and were AMAZING. Pulled pork just divine. Came with gorgeous fries and slaw and delicious BBQ sauce. I had a salted caramel shake - hands down the nicest shake I have ever had. The restaurant was lovely - seemed very child friendly as they had a little kids room with books and a TV and toys. There was even a little box of toiletries to use in the spotless toilets - how nice is that! It's not been 12 hrs since we ate there and already I am desperate to return. Just so happy to be wrong about what I thought.

Visited July 2014
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Ribs!!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Has to be the best ribs in Chetser cooked and served off the coals. great location next to the river.

Visited July 2014
York, United Kingdom
“WOW WOW WOW WOWEE!!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Wonderful, pulled pork just melted in my mouth, the atmosphere is awesome & it's an amazing experience from start to finish, will defo come back here the next time I visit lovely Chester.

• Visited July 2014