“Substantial and delicious”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Nearest bus stop 300 yards
Description: Hickory’s Smokehouse is Chester’s authentic American BBQ. Here you can enjoy a traditional style of cooking that has its roots in the US, but that we think deserves to be just as popular over here. Our menu offers two styles of BBQ. The southern-style ‘Smoker’ BBQ uses slow, wood-fired cooking in our specially imported American smoker oven. The northern-style ‘Yankee’ BBQ is cooked over sizzling hot coals. Both styles create unbelievably tender, delicious meat and fish.
“Substantial and delicious”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I liked the vibrant atmosphere there.

The amount of food was generous. If you order platters for 2 people(30 pounds), you wont need any starter or pudding.

We ordered onion rings and platters for 2 people. The batter of onion ring was cooked nice and crispy but onion itself needed seasoning.

The platter made us so exciting. pulled pork and brisket were tender.
However, the ribs were disappointing.

The small beef ribs were nice but two other bigger ribs were overcooked so they were too dry and tough. If the ribs had been cooked right, it would have been much nicer because i think the ribs are the face of this restaurant.

Also all the foods on the plate tasted pretty much the same smokey bbq flavour. I think it would be great if they make it with different basting.

• Polish first
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
“Me and my friend have been ill after visiting here!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I came here last night with four of my friends. Four of us ordered a steak and one ordered chicken skewers. I had steak and so did my friend who also got ill. It tasted amazing however, once we got home we were both really ill with sickness and diarrhea! This meant we both had to miss work and university work placements today - not great.

Service was ok however I don't think our waitress smiled once whilst serving us - also not great!

Safe to say I won't to coming here again and they have lost mine and my friend's custom.

3 Thank Lauren C
liverpool
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I visited hickory's smokehouse last year for the first time and loved it! I was not disappointed when I returned the second time around!

You do have to book quite far in advance due to the popularity of the place but it's well worth the wait!

Everything on the menu sounds amazing! On arrival you may be asked to stand at the bar to wait for your table but the extensive cocktail menu keeps you busy! All of the cocktails I tasted where delicious even though they are a little pricey!

At the table they bring a complimentary bottle of water and salted popcorn which is a nice touch.

The food was amazing and despite being busy everything was cooked to perfection!

I highly recommend the pulled pork and my partners steak was tender and cooked just right!

The food is so filling we couldn't fit a pudding in which was really disappointing because they sound awesome!

I would highly recommend hickorys! It's reasonable priced compared to other restaurants that aren't as good.

London, United Kingdom
“Very good food and service”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Went on a Sunday night didn't book, waited 30min for table which was ok but next time would book. When seated we were given a large bottle of water and some popcorn, what a nice surprise! Menu was good and went for the main sharing platter, waitress was friendly and all staff were good.

Food arrived and was all that we needed and was disappointed that I couldn't finish due to having plenty of food, would definitely go back for more.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Dj800
“Love this place!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have been regular visitors of Hickory's for about a year. The food is always top notch and staff are very friendly and attentive.