“Great all American food!”

Hickory's Smokehouse
Ranked #25 of 561 Restaurants in Chester
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Nearest bus stop 300 yards
Description: Hickory’s Smokehouse is Chester’s authentic American BBQ. Here you can enjoy a traditional style of cooking that has its roots in the US, but that we think deserves to be just as popular over here. Our menu offers two styles of BBQ. The southern-style ‘Smoker’ BBQ uses slow, wood-fired cooking in our specially imported American smoker oven. The northern-style ‘Yankee’ BBQ is cooked over sizzling hot coals. Both styles create unbelievably tender, delicious meat and fish.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great all American food!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Lovely meal. Great service, especially from the barman Pete, he made the BEST cocktails! The food was tasty and smoked to perfection. I highly recommend the burnt ends for starters. Service was fast and friendly. Not the ideal place if you are looking for a romantic meal for two, but it you want somewhere lively and fun, go for it. Prices are a little expensive but no higher than other themed restaurants around.

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Super ribs”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my friend were visiting chester and came across Hickorys. Decided to go and eat there. There was an hour and a half wait or we could sit outside, as it was a nice night we decided to do that.

I ordered BBQ ribs which were very tasty and my friend ordered chicken skewers. Both came with yummy fries and home made coleslaw. Food was excellent, service, a little slow.

Would definately go back.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Linda 03”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We were visiting Chester for the day and We came across Hickorys, just by chance. It looked interesting so We decided to go and have drinks but after looking at the menu (lots to choose from) We ordered a meal. The food was excellent, did'nt wait too long for starters and mains were hot, tasty and good portions. The atmosphere in the Restaurant was lovely and the Staff were friendly and attentive.
Well done everyone, We enjoyed our visit.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best ribs ever!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Went to Hickorys for my mums 50th birthday and the service was excellent the staff were very friendly not to mention the food that was simply sublime. The only thing that will go against it for some people is it's a little on the expensive side, but as the old saying goes you get what you pay for and believe me it's worth every single penny!!

I will definitely be visiting again soon!!

“Great day topped off with a great meal & even better service”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

8 of us, all under the age of 25 stumbled in on a busy Wednesday night at around 9pm. We were tired, hungry & agitated after a great day at Alton Towers.

We were seated outside (no room inside and we didn't want to wait) and were hesitant where to sit, a big table of 8 away from the football or two 4's close to the screens. We moved back and fourth which unfortunately meant the poor waitress had to relay & lay until we decided? Did she mind? Probably, did she show that she minded? Not at all.

When we were eventually all seated, I (no-one else really) decided it was too cold to sit outside (old age). Apparently according to my mates I wasn't allowed to wear my retro Adidas jacket as they were all too embarrassed. Overhearing my very verbal moan the waitress brought over not one blanket but two - great touch.

Seated & now warm we were asked what we'd like to drink & eat. Diet coke, nah, coke, nah, vodka redbull, nah, Oreomilkshake. Starter with extra onion rings, starter out as a main, cheesy chilli chips with kansas slab, no, just regular chips - does the burger come with onion rings, can I have half BBQ half dry rubbed ribs x 8. We were a nightmare but the waitress didn't flap nor did she really seem that she didn't want to be serving our table because I most certainly would not have.

We wanted a bill that came close to £300.00 the bill itemized per person. All done superbly & efficiently by the same waitress, not a problem.

To cut a long story short, the food was great, we were an absolute heckling nightmare and your waitress Ellie was an absolute gem. Credit where credit is due, you should be honored you have her on your wage bill.

You probably think this whole review is scarily pro-ellie, which is true but unfortunately we didn't have any money left over to tip after an extremely expensive day, so decided this would have to serve justice.

Hickories - be proud of your staff and this absolute star.