“Best place ive ever eaten”

Hickory's Smokehouse
Ranked #24 of 565 Restaurants in Chester
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Nearest bus stop 300 yards
Description: Hickory’s Smokehouse is Chester’s authentic American BBQ. Here you can enjoy a traditional style of cooking that has its roots in the US, but that we think deserves to be just as popular over here. Our menu offers two styles of BBQ. The southern-style ‘Smoker’ BBQ uses slow, wood-fired cooking in our specially imported American smoker oven. The northern-style ‘Yankee’ BBQ is cooked over sizzling hot coals. Both styles create unbelievably tender, delicious meat and fish.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The food here is seriously something special. I visited this place after randomly finding this on the internet, and was very impressed with the menu. Located in a superb location, this place is definitely a gem of Chester. Me and my partner opted for the platter, as we wanted to try a bit of everything. We also ordered the mac and cheese. The meat is something else, great quality and the flavours are just phenomenal. Even the mac and cheese was that good i would seriously consider just eating that as a meal, and I am a serious meateater! But its not just the food that seems to bring everyone to this place. The atmosphere was great, full of energy and the workers really do look like they love to work here. The only criticism I could give would be the glasses we were provided for the water smelt horrid. But seeing as we didn't want to drink water anyway this wasn't a problem. this place has a great extensive drinks menu also, and I loved the floats. We did eat far too much though, and unfortunately we couldnt bring ourselves to eat anything from the dessert menu. But this gives us an excuse to go back! I would consider this the best restaurant I have ever eaten in in terms of just food quality, range and just pure awesomeness! We also spent more than double in TGI Fridays, so this was so much more better value, better service and better food.

There are newer reviews for Hickory's Smokehouse

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Hickorys never fails to impress! The location itself is fantastic, alongside the river so you can go for a stroll after to walk off the copious amounts of food they just gave you! The food is just wonderful, I've never been disappointed! The sandwiches, the ribs, the hot dogs, the skewers, the list goes on! We've never made it to desert because the portions are huge but I hear they're delicious! The bar is well stocked and there's an extensive and exciting drinks menu for both alcoholic and non - alcoholic drinks. The staff are super friendly and service is reasonably fast. As if you would need any more reasons to book!

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I regularly go to Hickory's and love the simplistic and delicious food. A personal favourite is the chicken fajitas and the chilli is great too. They also do great shakes, the hazelnut one is amazing. My criticism would be that in the few years I've been going there the menu hasn't changed and everyone likes to try something new.

1  Thank Surelynothey
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We visited last night, was very crowded the food was lovely popcorn and a bottle of water brought to us while we picked was a lovely touch.. I would defiantly eat here again the only criticism I had was our both was opposite the bar making it very noisy and not so private with everyone hanging around outside while we were eating but that's easily sorted when booking just ask not to be in that area

1  Thank Beckie86
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We turned up, without a reservation, on a busy Saturday afternoon but Lotte on the front desk still managed to find us a table in just 20 minutes - Lotte was super efficient in a busy environment. We were served by Hannah who did a great job throughout our meal and both of these members of staff seemed to epitomise the excellent service and smiles presented by all members of staff. The food was superb, we had the Kansas ribs (best ever!), the catfish, salmon, cobb salad and toasted marshmallows to finish - all of which were delicious and tasty; the total bill including drinks was £82.65 for 5 of us so this was great value too. Great atmosphere and we will definitely be returning.

1  Thank GerryFulwood