“Great atmosphere and location”

Hickory's Smokehouse
Ranked #27 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Nearest bus stop 300 yards
Description: Hickory’s Smokehouse is Chester’s authentic American BBQ. Here you can enjoy a traditional style of cooking that has its roots in the US, but that we think deserves to be just as popular over here. Our menu offers two styles of BBQ. The southern-style ‘Smoker’ BBQ uses slow, wood-fired cooking in our specially imported American smoker oven. The northern-style ‘Yankee’ BBQ is cooked over sizzling hot coals. Both styles create unbelievably tender, delicious meat and fish.
York, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and location”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We only stopped in for a drink before heading home, but we got a seat outside in the sunshine overlooking the river and the atmosphere was great (particularly considering this was early Monday afternoon!!!). Staff were friendly and attentive and a good selection of non mainstream drinks - the food looked amazing and we'll definitely be back to sample it next time!!

• Polish first
West Chester, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best barbeque this side of the ocean!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My fiance and I stopped at this restaurant yesterday. We are both barbeque lovers and have traveled all around the southern US, eating barbeque along the way. We've been to Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Texas, Georgia, Missouri and Arkansas, making note of the different types of barbeque.

Now, I come to Britain and Europe frequently. At least four times a year, and occasionally, I get just a little bit homesick when I'm here. I've lived in the UK, Italy and Germany, and I've tried "American" restaurants in all of those countries. It's been enough to make me weary of trying another American style restaurant, to say the least.

However, this restaurant makes up for all those awful experiences. This was a fantastic meal! I had the brisket, and I can honestly say, I haven't had better brisket Stateside. This restaurant offers such an authentic barbeque that I don't think I'll be homesick again. I'm amazed and so impressed at the dead on accuracy and authenticity of the flavors. If I had closed my eyes while eating the brisket, I could have been in Houston, Texas. Really, it was just so perfect.

SERIOUSLY, BEST BARBEQUE OUTSIDE THE SOUTH! Eat here, you'll love it.

1 Thank Hdyer2021
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Good chow down”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went Saturday night very busy, but staff managed to seat us,so book because it a place not to miss on a vist to Chester

Visited March 2014
North Wales
“Nice for familes”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Nice place to eat with your family, especially on a sunny day. We sat outside even though it was cold but the patio heaters worked well. Service was good. Food was nice but but amazing as some of its reviews promised.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank secret-luncher
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Lovely good, slow service”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on a Thursday night and it was very busy. We did try and prebook and there was only really early or really late, we were told to just turn up and wait, which we did, we're advised 45 mins and we waited about 1 hr. Once seated the food was lovely, but the service was very slow. This is the third time I have been here over about four years and this was the slowest service yet. However the good food was good.