“Good”

Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Nearest bus stop 300 yards
Description: Hickory’s Smokehouse is Chester’s authentic American BBQ. Here you can enjoy a traditional style of cooking that has its roots in the US, but that we think deserves to be just as popular over here. Our menu offers two styles of BBQ. The southern-style ‘Smoker’ BBQ uses slow, wood-fired cooking in our specially imported American smoker oven. The northern-style ‘Yankee’ BBQ is cooked over sizzling hot coals. Both styles create unbelievably tender, delicious meat and fish.
Staffs UK
“Good”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our second visit. Just as busy as last time, even though it was a weekday. The half rack of ribs was huge, no idea how anyone eats a whole one, and it was tasty too. Steak salad was good as well.

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
yorkshire
“great food and views”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We sat outside on a lovely sunny afteroon and and a great meal(i can reccomend the brisket) it was quirky to get our drinks in jam jars, overall it was a great afternnon and the atmosphere was buzzing. we had to book as it gets very busy. the view of the water and and all the activity going on outside was great.Make this a must if you are visiting Chester.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“A real special occasion for my birthday”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I was immediately impressed by the unusual selection of drinks including cocktails milkshakes and slushies. Very nice to have freshly made popcorn and jug if water brought to the table. The frickle starter my mum had were a very small portion but thats ok because the meals r huge. The burnt ends were amazing and my sisters pulled pork on nachos were too. My hot links starter was the tastiest, the dips were delish! I shared the main meal platter with my mum and overall it was nice. Only one portion of slaw and chips between us but both are really tasty. However all the meat was a little overwhelming there's sooo much even when split and I often eat huge portions. The dry rub ribs and bbq brisket was slightly disappointing but the rest including the other meals my bf, sister and dad had were really nice. The service was not too bad considering the place was packed but it was very loud. On a week day it wasn't easy to get a tableb booked because it was so busy but it is a great unique place. We drove an hour to get there and can't wait to go back!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Great food, nice folks”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

As a single traveler, I am often seated at the bar instead of table. And while that happened here too, I am absolutely convinced it was because they didn't have tables. Out of nowhere, a wonderful comfortable taller chair was brought out and the barstool taken away. A wonderful bartender made suggestions both for beer and dinner, and even smiled through my American foibles.
While I was there, the bartender brought children around and helped them make ice cream sundaes choosing ice cream, topping, and tasting along the way. It was very sweet.
The food was wonderful and very authentic. I very much enjoyed my dinner, my beer and the great company. I felt welcome and well taken care of.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kathykayc
Lincoln
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We hadn't booked as we thought Wedesday wouldn't be too busy, wrong. We were told there was an hour wait to sit inside but we could have the last table outside on the patio. So of course we said yes as we were both hungry. I couldn't say it was a warm evening and I did have a jumper on do I thought ok ill be fine.
We were served very quickly and the waiter saw I was a bit cold so he went and got me a blanket, wonderful idea, we both ordered our food, I did try to get my husband to order the very hot wings but he refused, they have a competition on if you can eat a portion of their hot wings ( not sure what they called them now) within a certain time you get them free. A young man was trying on the next table, but he failed.
Our food arrived and it was lovely, I had a big portion of BBQ wings and my husband had a ribs. We both loved our meal and next time we come to chester we will come back.

1 Thank Diane G