“Lovely meal down by the river”

Hickory's Smokehouse
Ranked #26 of 558 Restaurants in Chester
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Nearest bus stop 300 yards
Description: Hickory’s Smokehouse is Chester’s authentic American BBQ. Here you can enjoy a traditional style of cooking that has its roots in the US, but that we think deserves to be just as popular over here. Our menu offers two styles of BBQ. The southern-style ‘Smoker’ BBQ uses slow, wood-fired cooking in our specially imported American smoker oven. The northern-style ‘Yankee’ BBQ is cooked over sizzling hot coals. Both styles create unbelievably tender, delicious meat and fish.
From North Wales
“Lovely meal down by the river”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Visited Chester yesterday for a mother and daughter day, shopping and a lovely meal. Had tried to book this place previously but were fully booked, so with it being a Thursday mid week decided to give it a try. We arrived at 12 noon and were greeted by a very pleasant young waitress which took us to a table/booth by the window. They give you a box of popcorn a bottle of water free when you sit down, I had checked out the menu before setting off and noticed it was a "Steak and Shake" day on Thursday's, this being Steak, Fries, Onion Rings and a milkshake, but you have plenty of other choices on the menu to cater for all tastes. We opted for the steak and shake, we weren't disappointed, the steak was brilliant, very tasty, lovely peppercorn sauce and the onion rings were to die for!! My daughter had 2 milkshakes, mine and hers which were full of ice cream and fresh strawberries. The whole bill only came to £20.00 (£10 each for steak and shake)

Will guarantee you that I will be back here when next in Chester.
Lovely setting, great service and food.

• Polish first
Taunton
“Worth the 200 mile drive.”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We live over 200 miles from this place. We came here in September whilst staying in Chester and loved it so much we ate there every night. It was my birthday coming up and I was asked what I wanted to do.....I wanted a meal at hickory's, so we came all the way back just to eat at hickory's. We had breakfast and an evening meal two days in a row. Amazing food, drinks, atmosphere and staff! I'm sure we will be back. Just wish there was one closer!

2 Thank 5UN5H1NE
England
“A Good Meal!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had my birthday meal here, this was my second visit and i have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. We sat in one of the Sports booths near the bar so it had a bit of atmosphere. All the food that was ordered was of a good quality and was cooked to a high standard. The service was excellent, the waitress was friendly and polite and always checked back to see if we needed anything. I cant wait for my next visit!

1 Thank Rdfdr78
Winsford, United Kingdom
“Booked table to be told to wait 2 hours!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Booked a table over a week earlier than arrival. Arrived to be told internet bookings are not finalised until you get a call. Never received a call! Asked to wait for 1 hour 30 at the bar. Which was packed full. Went to say if it's alright to come back and got told it would now be two hour wait at the earliest. Terrible customer service, this should not happen. Booked as a treat and totally ruined evening.

Manchester, England
“A Good and Really Enjoyable Meal”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Went to eat there with a group from work. Staff were great - very helpful and good service. Food very reasonably priced and excellent. We went on the Thursday 'Steak and Shake' night and the steaks were nice and very well cooked. Draught beers also seemed reasonably priced. Good lively atmosphere. I would definitely go back if out with a group for a fun night out.

• Visited February 2013