“Nice meal shame about the pictures :(”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester
Ranked #157 of 575 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: In the stylish surroundings of the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Chester, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill is the perfect venue for any occasion, with a lively atmosphere, exquisite food and delicious cocktails for you to enjoy. As the first British Chef to be awarded 3 Michelin Stars and the youngest Chef in the world to receive them, Marco Pierre White is a name synonymous with a great dining experience. With the ability to cater for private parties of up to 100 people, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill in Chester serves everything you would expect to see on a typical steakhouse menu, prepared with the superior quality that Marco Pierre White is renowned for. Each dish is prepared by a dedicated and highly skilled kitchen team, working with the finest and carefully selected ingredients to create simple yet succulent cuisine. Alongside the finest quality locally sourced steaks, the menu features Grilled and Roast Meats, Fish Mainboards and classic English puddings. Furthermore, the wine and champagne lists have been specially sourced to harmonise with the menu. Choose from a selection of good house wines and champagnes, or an enviable collection of reserves for those wanting to splash out.
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Visited the MPW restaurant at the double tree in Chester and had a nice meal.
The surroundings and decor was nice apart from the self portraits of MPW everywhere!
Good food but dont need to see him posing everywhere
Food choice was good and well cooked albeit a little pricey - probably paying for the celebrity chef status -food not really better than regular double tree standards which are normally half the price!
Wouldn't rush back.

Oakbase, Abbie, Senior Reservationist at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to review our restaurant on trip advisor.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your evening here & the food was to a high standard.

I am sorry to hear that our décor was not to your taste, but as you can appreciate Marco did design the restaurant himself but I will pass on your comments to the relevant members of staff.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife and myself went for a meal on Saturday night 19/4/2014. The food and service was excellent which was thoroughly enjoyed in lovely surroundings. I would without hesitation certainly recommend this restaurant.

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to review our restaurant on TripAdvisor.

Its fantastic for us to see that you had such a great evening and the food & service was to our highest standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant some time in the near future

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Second dining experience at MPW. First time at Newcastle.

We both ordered fillet steaks which arrived well presented with hand cut chips fried in beef dripping, with pepper sauces.

But.. Steaks were OVERCOOKED......

My medium steak wasn't pink in centre and was delivered medium to well

My wife's medium to well was actually well done.

Notified the staff, who promised to notify the chef, but for £105 for 2 fillets and a bottle of Merlot, no puddings and only sharing bread to start, not good enough.

Left feedback accordingly on the questionnaire, be interested to see if this is followed up.

We had a similar experience at the Newcastle restaurant, so not just a one off.......

One other point, this restaurant was in the Hilton Doubletree in Chester. A family dined on the next table to us in the evening, wearing exactly the same clothes they wore at breakfast.............disgusting.

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking you time to review our restaurant on trip advisor.

We are sorry to hear that the food you received did not meet the standards that we, ourselves strive to adhere to. We have passed on your comments to the chefs to ensure that this does not occur in the future.

My manager will contact you in regards to your comments.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We were really looking forward to celebrating my wife's birthday with our first visit to Marco's restaurant and although not without its problems the overall experience was really good. Firstly on the positive side the food was really nice. Starters of bresaola for me and the tomato soup for the wife were really tasty. For our mains it's was rib eye steak and lamb which were both perfectly cooked and there was plenty of flavor. So as far a the food goes everything was fine.
The food in important but it's about the overall experience and there was a few things that just let down the evening, firstly we were sat next to the till in the restaurant and every time the waiting staff walked past our table and chairs started rocking about because of the suspended floors it felt like we were at sea! Also I shouldn't have to ask for a steak knife when eating steak it should be on the table small details. Lastly taxis... We waited for nearly an hour because they kept putting other people in them from the hotel reception and not sending them to us in the restaurant. Nightmare.
I would recommend Marco's it's a lovely restaurant and we will be visiting again in the not to distant future

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal here at Marco Pierre White Chester, however I am very disappointed to see we let our standards slip with the little things you have pointed out in your review.

I have passed on your comments to my manager and our team, who have already addressed these issues.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The restaurant is really tastefully decorated and it feels a special treat. The staff are just lovely and looked after us very well. We had the Wednesday Steak deal -excellent food and great value.

Oakbase, Abbie, Senior Reservationist at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

I am very happy to hear that you had such a lovely evening and enjoyed our Breed of the Week Deal.

We hope to see you again some time in the near future

Kind Regards