“excellent meal at end of spa pampering day”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester
Ranked #136 of 553 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: In the stylish surroundings of the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Chester, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill is the perfect venue for any occasion, with a lively atmosphere, exquisite food and delicious cocktails for you to enjoy. As the first British Chef to be awarded 3 Michelin Stars and the youngest Chef in the world to receive them, Marco Pierre White is a name synonymous with a great dining experience. With the ability to cater for private parties of up to 100 people, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill in Chester serves everything you would expect to see on a typical steakhouse menu, prepared with the superior quality that Marco Pierre White is renowned for. Each dish is prepared by a dedicated and highly skilled kitchen team, working with the finest and carefully selected ingredients to create simple yet succulent cuisine. Alongside the finest quality locally sourced steaks, the menu features Grilled and Roast Meats, Fish Mainboards and classic English puddings. Furthermore, the wine and champagne lists have been specially sourced to harmonise with the menu. Choose from a selection of good house wines and champagnes, or an enviable collection of reserves for those wanting to splash out.
aberdeen
“excellent meal at end of spa pampering day”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The ambience and décor were modern and subtle and lent to a nice atmosphere that started with our welcome. The green pea and ham veloute soup may have been tasty with plenty of ham but the red poll sirloin steak, was perfectly caramelised on the outside but still juicy inside. Cooked med-rare as I'd asked and such a lovely flavour. It came with triple cooked chips which were crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. Such a tasty main course.
We had the raspberry frangipane for dessert but the short crust base was a tad too thick for my taste. Red wine all around was pleasant and at medium cost.

• Visited June 2013
Oakbase, Senior Reservationist at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your amazing feedback. At Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill Chester we work very hard to create an experience that our guests love, we would like to take this time to thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

In the meantime, why not like us on Facebook and start to follow us on Twitter to receive our latest offers and promotions.

Kind regards

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth it!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went to the steakhouse with my boyfriend in February and we had stayed in the doubletree hilton also. After having some issues with our room and the food in the steakhouse being terrible we were given a nights free stay at the hilton and 50% off our food bill in the marco Pierre white steakhouse.

On our first visit we ordered chateaubriand and after over an hour wait the waitress told us the chef had burnt it and so they were doing another one. After a further wait it came out and it was well done, we had ordered it rare. The waitress was even said to us "this isn't right is it?" as she placed it down. We said as we had waited so long we were hungry but couldn't eat over done meat. The manager came over and offered us complimentary fillet steak for all the trouble. However, this was completely overdone again but we said no more. After sitting down to eat at 8pm we didn't leave the restaurant till around 11pm just for some steak!

On our second visit after we had received a voucher from the double tree hilton we were disappointed once again. The staff were aware that we were returning after previously having bad food but again all the meat was over cooked. I had a lamb rump which I was told was served pink and I said yes I like pink not overdone. When it came it was over done and there was no signs of pink! My boyfriend had a t bone steak which had no seasoning and was not worth the money. Starters are nice but nothing special and deserts were bland and overpriced. My boyfriend had bread and butter pudding which lacked some flavour maybe cinnamon as it was too bland. I had a banana and toffee mess which was toffee meringue with some bananas, definitely not worth the price.

The staff on both visits were lovely. Very attentive and friendly staff and had excellent customer service skills. I felt the food though did not match up to the service. The service was faultless but the food was overpriced considering our food was overcooked on each occasion. It was a real let down and I will not be returning.

1 Thank gillylou87
Oakbase, Senior Reservationist at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and for your compliments towards our staff and the customer service provided.

We are extremely disappointed to learn that the food you received was of an unsatisfactory level. It is of course unacceptable that this should happen not once, but twice.

Please contact Haydn Gelling, the restaurant Manager on his direct email, haydn.gelling@doubletreechester.co.uk to discuss this matter further.

Chester, United Kingdom
“A bit disappointing.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Our visit was a birthday gift and something we were very excited about.
The restaurant was attractive and the service very attentive.
Unfortunately the food was very average indeed, the starters were ok and the deserts very pleasant but we obviously wanted to try a steak dish and could not believe how poor it was given that this was the specialist dish.
Both our steaks were very tough, gristly and not of a standard you would expect in Harvester never mind a restaurant that trades on a famous name and charges accordingly.
They also seem very proud of the 'triple cooked chips', again disappointing as they tasted like the dripping they are cooked in needs refreshing.
I couldn't recommend the experience overall as the food did not match the service, name or price. Shame, it's even put me off trying his stock cubes.

• Visited June 2013
Oakbase, at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate any feedback as it helps us to improve.

We serve high quality, locally sourced Beef, that aims to meet the standards expected by our guests. I am very sorry to hear that on this occasion the steaks left you disappointed.

We will do our utmost to ensure that the quality of the Steaks and other items of food are consistently high in future.

If you would like to discuss this any further please don't hesitate to call or email directly on 01244408830 or hostess@mpwsteakhousechester.co.uk.

Telford, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food...restaurant lets it down”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Marco Pierre White restaurant is absolutely fantastic. The food is sublime & never disappoints. Reasonably priced for such quality of food. Unfortuantely, when we visited last time we were under a draft of airconditioning which made the experience quite unpleasant; however this isnt usual. Would reccommend to anyone - just dont get a table under the aircon!

• Visited March 2013
Oakbase, Senior Reservationist at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate any comments we receive.

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your meals with us so much.

We are currently in the process of better moderating the temperature to ensure that in future guests underneath the air conditioning are not too cold.

I hope that we will see you again soon.

Katarina
“I have been asked to contact Katarina direct regarding my feedback...how do i do this? regarding meal on 19 th may 2013”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

not very helpful comment left on my previous review to contact them direct. I don't have the time to find out your details....someone in Manchester??

• Visited June 2013
Oakbase, Senior Reservatonist at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Good afternoon,

Please note that you can contact us directly on 01244 408 830 or via email: info@mpwsteakhousechester.co.uk

I hope this helps and hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards