“It's all about the name”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester
Ranked #151 of 570 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: In the stylish surroundings of the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Chester, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill is the perfect venue for any occasion, with a lively atmosphere, exquisite food and delicious cocktails for you to enjoy. As the first British Chef to be awarded 3 Michelin Stars and the youngest Chef in the world to receive them, Marco Pierre White is a name synonymous with a great dining experience. With the ability to cater for private parties of up to 100 people, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill in Chester serves everything you would expect to see on a typical steakhouse menu, prepared with the superior quality that Marco Pierre White is renowned for. Each dish is prepared by a dedicated and highly skilled kitchen team, working with the finest and carefully selected ingredients to create simple yet succulent cuisine. Alongside the finest quality locally sourced steaks, the menu features Grilled and Roast Meats, Fish Mainboards and classic English puddings. Furthermore, the wine and champagne lists have been specially sourced to harmonise with the menu. Choose from a selection of good house wines and champagnes, or an enviable collection of reserves for those wanting to splash out.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

So I've been here a few times and I've come to the conclusion that while it is good, it isn't great, and it is certainly no Michelin bib gourmand restaurant despite the offers.

Myself and my partner visited with a groupon deal after having been a few other times at full price for Sunday dinner, and I have to say that I came to the realization that it simply is not worth the cost compared to other restaurants serving the same quality.

By this I'm taking an average meal, so read three courses and a bottle of wine. This cost us in the region of £100 mid week including the 10% service charge. Despite this the service is not exceptional, nor the food outstanding (you can see where I'm going here), the setting is brilliant and looking out over the gardens even of a night is a delight but not worth the price tag.

I'll visit again, but I'll be taking much more care to only eat / drink what's on the deal. Oh and I think it's a damn cheek adding a service charge to the whole bill, including the voucher!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just had appalling evening ruined by the arrival of my lukewarm/cold belly pork which was then returned by waiter who advised replacement would take 5/7 mins and took 15 mins plus by which time frankly I did NOT want my meal!! Would you? I did not eat the replacement yet though that was removed from bill (despite the maitre d getting into an almost altercation with my partner re this !!) the side which i also did not eat and the sides i was to share with my partner were all still charged and they also had the cheek to still charge 10% service yet we had no service just near abuse and patronisation and arrogance from maitre d who was refusing to deduct my meal....as it had taken 15 mins and i no longer wanted it. At no time were we offered an alternative, no apology given, nobody asked me if i would prefer something else or even any olives or wine or free drink..nothing ..we were just left waiting and waiting....
This was a birthday meal RUINED......My partner ate alone whilst i just had to drink my wine and waited apx 15 mins for my meal. They initially said they would bring replacement for both of us but as we had been assured would be 5 mins we thought no just replacing mine should be fine.....my friend retained his main but i waited and waited and waited and when the replacement pork arrived i ate one tiny bit and pushed it aside..after 15 mins wouldnt you??? My companion had already finished his meal as it had been about 15 mins and then the maitred
got into an almost altercation with my friend about deducting it from the bill which caused me further distress and made me unable to eat the meal. DO NOT EAT HERE THE FOOD IS RUBBISH THE SERVICE IS DEPLORABLE AND THE MAITRE D IS RUDE AND OFFENSIVE....DO NOT EAT HERE...RUINED OUR EVENING TONIGHT ..WE HAVE EATEN HERE BEFORE AND IT WAS LOVELY BUT RUINED TONIGHT. WLL NEVER RETURN...

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous food, choice, value, service, ambience and drinks. Cannot wait to return. Excellent place only discovered as staying at the hotel next door which also was excellent. Had crayfish cocktail, shepherds pie with red cabbage and the cheese board washed down with a delightful bottle of merlot and finished with a cocktail. We were even served a glass of prosecco on arrival. All devine.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Recently ate here during our stay at the Doubletree Hilton and we were extremely impressed. We had previously booked a table which was ready and waiting on our arrival. The service was outstanding. Each staff member we encountered was very professional, yet welcoming.

The restaurant is beautiful in both design and atmosphere. The food was exceptional and did not disappoint.

Looking forward to visiting again soon. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

In Chester for a course and stayed at the double tree Hilton, looked forward to dinner and we decided to stay at the hotel , the service was absolutely attentive and helpful , however my well done steak wasn't that good , slightly tough , and not under seasoned . The starter of Pâté , I simply didn't like . The best part of the meal was the sticky toffee pudding ( divine ) .

From this experience and with others I've had , I think it's time for me to give celebrity chef restaurants a wide berth.

1  Thank shalom7