“Food nice - Service let it down”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester
Ranked #143 of 564 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: In the stylish surroundings of the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Chester, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill is the perfect venue for any occasion, with a lively atmosphere, exquisite food and delicious cocktails for you to enjoy. As the first British Chef to be awarded 3 Michelin Stars and the youngest Chef in the world to receive them, Marco Pierre White is a name synonymous with a great dining experience. With the ability to cater for private parties of up to 100 people, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill in Chester serves everything you would expect to see on a typical steakhouse menu, prepared with the superior quality that Marco Pierre White is renowned for. Each dish is prepared by a dedicated and highly skilled kitchen team, working with the finest and carefully selected ingredients to create simple yet succulent cuisine. Alongside the finest quality locally sourced steaks, the menu features Grilled and Roast Meats, Fish Mainboards and classic English puddings. Furthermore, the wine and champagne lists have been specially sourced to harmonise with the menu. Choose from a selection of good house wines and champagnes, or an enviable collection of reserves for those wanting to splash out.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I found the service to be slow with no staff visible at times. I suppose we got seated after 9.30pm (after a long business day) and they're supposed to close at 10pm so that may have been a contributing factor. There was ample opportunity to have taken our food order in the bar area fist to sped things up a bit, then show us to our table when the food was ready. Instead the waiter brought us drinks in the bar area and showed us to our table. Cunningly, the waiter recommended a white wine to my colleague but failed to tell him it was £16.95 per 175ml glass - oh dear, there was nearly tears! There's one rather imposing photo of MPW which sticks in my mind, displayed on the wall in the main restaurant area - he's got his eyes closed (?) All a bit pompous and pretentious for my liking and pretty obviously vain vain of the guy. His own brand cider was quite sharp and quenching at £5 per bottle. It was too late for steak, though I would try it if I stayed in the hotel again. The fish pie I had was tasty and filling with plenty of fish and prawns. Others enjoyed their dishes too. We weren't asked if we wanted cheese or desserts (we didn't, but it's nice to be asked). I'd probably give them another change - there's one in my home town, so I may treat the other half : )

There are newer reviews for Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Chester

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My partner is a chef so I arranged to go to the MPW restaurant as a birthday surprise. We had high expectations and the restaurant did not dissapoint. Service was very friendly and professional. Gorgeous restaurant with a lovely relaxing ambience. Food was delicious and considering you are paying for the name very good value for money. Perfectly sized starters that left us wanting more then we both had the T-bone steak which was cooked to perfection. Also sides are only priced at £3 which is cheaper than most restaurants, portions aren't huge but just right. We were too full for dessert despite lots of delicious options. Cocktails were pricey at £10 so we did not indulgence in lots of cocktails as it would have seriously added to the bill. Great restaurant to go for a special celebratory night out will defintley be going again.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Went here for my cousins anniversary , was fully booked but they managed to get us a table for 4 . The staff were really friendly and food was fabulous . T bone steaks filled the plate and the chips were homemade .. Desserts were just gorgeous . I don't normally do desserts but the trifle was lovely .. Would definitely go back again ...

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is undoubtedly one of the best places to eat in Cheshire. the service was exceptional and the food was delightful, it really could not have been better. The restaurant is beautifully set out and we had a table overlooking the gardens. considering the whole package it really is a reasonable price to pay. We will be back again soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

What a disappointment. No vegetarian options at all on the menu. Opted for shepherds pie and at £14 thought that might be a bit special. It was no better than I could make myself, and sticking it in a mini frying pan didn't make it taste any different. Perhaps the chef's name raised my expectations too high? The service was good and it is a nice looking restaurant, shame food didn't match up.