“Fantastic mid week break”
Review of ABode Chester

ABode Chester
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic place beautiful location amazing rooms at a really good rate and very reasonably priced food. Staff are charming and attentive, breakfast in the fifth floor fabulous lounge was lovely. The bar and grill restaurant was good and food excellent. Cone here on a race day to get a great vibe but try thus place anyway.

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,204)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I booked this hotel for the wife's 40th birthday treat. On arrival to this impressive building we were upgraded to one of the larger corner rooms - roll top bath, huge bed, etc. It was high end spec throughout and definitely worth the money even without the upgrade ! Breakfast was equally as impressive, the full English was very well sourced. Underground car park was £10 but only a minor niggle.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The wife and I have stayed here a few times and I must say that the location is fabulous and the rooms are spacious and clean, can be a little pricey especially on Chester race day, there are other hotels in Chester which are definitely on par with this hotel at a cheaper rate.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2013

i will be writing another review for the abode chester as it would not be fair to the other staff to rate them with a terrible but it was terrible the way a memebr of staff treated us when
we arrived at the abode chester for 2 night stay for our wedding anniversary when arriving at the car park entrance we were not sure were to go as there are 2 parking lots for the abode looking back at the car park yes it is clearly sign posted but we did not see it. anyway because we were not sure we buzzed the intercom to ask to buzz us in as we were staying here for 2 nights the rude and abrupt person on the other end said to my husband "what does it say on the stickers which were on display on the intercom" at the end of the day the rude person should of been more helpful "as this is his job" instead of being unprofessional and rude everyone makes mistakes

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank suenles
AbodeChester, General Manager at ABode Chester, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Suenles

Thank you for your feedback, I am really sorry for the response you received over the inter-phone when entering our car park.

As discussed directly with you, you buzzed the office inter-phone rather than the hotel. I have address the situation with our neighbour who have responded to your call.

I am very glad you otherwise enjoyed your stay and dinner in the Michael Caines Restaurant as per your other reviewed and hope to welcome you at ABode Chester again soon.

Yours Sincerely

Christophe
gmchester@abodehotels.co.uk

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here on our way home from Angelsey and the location for a trip to Chester is great. It is only a few minutes walk into the city yet the views are open and green as it overlooks the racecourse. The car park is under the hotel so that is another plus as I gather parking can be a nightmare in Chester and many hotels do not have parking.
The rooms are a large and have 7 foot wider beds and bathrooms are modern, clean and a good size.
My only quibble was that the pillows were not up to scratch but if we were staying longer I would have asked for something nicer. There are no slippers or bathrobes provided but this possibly keeps the price down. A good hair dryer not in the bathroom is provided which as I hate those in ybathrooms with short leads this was a bonus!
I had breakfast in the room which was on time and good but at checkout I had been charged an extra £2.50 for ordering freshly brewed coffee which I believed to be included. The girl at reception was abrupt and rather than make a fuss for such a small amount I paid but I think the hotel should make charges clear on the breakfast list in the room. I believe the same thing happened to our friends who were also staying so maybe it is confusing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the racecourse as some rooms look into an inner courtyard.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Really lovely hotel, modern rooms and excellent bathroom. Unfortunately the service in the ground floor restaurant was poor, inattentive staff, one waitress spent her time playing with her hair and chatting to her colleague. When we went to our room after dinner two light bulbs were not working and one completely broken. To be fair they moved us to an identical room, but it did spoil what could have been a lovely time as it took thirty minutes to get settled in our new room. Sadly the light in the wardrobe was not working ! Small things but not good

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daisymay514
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had never visited Chester before so didn't know where the best area to stay was for the city centre, Abode was certainly a very good choice. Also right next to Chester race course so even though its on a roundabout the view from our room at the back was of the course. We stayed in a superior double and it had a standard sized bed which suprised me, the room was of course clean and had everything you need/expect in a new modern hotel, it could benefit from more character but its not a criticism just an observation. Breakfast was good served in the restaurant overlooking the race course, very nice. My only disappointment was the receptionist who checked us in who bordered on rude and was not in any way welcoming or helpful, probably just an off day. I would stay if I visited Chester again but I wouldn't rush back

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, the roundabout is busy and I did hear a guest ask for a room change beca...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple