ABode Chester
Edgar House(Chester)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
2,250 results
All reviewschampagne barrace coursemichael caines restaurantdesirable roomenviable roomfloor to ceiling windowsfifth floorcar parklovely hoteleggs benedictcity centrewalk in showerreception staffspecial occasionhuge bedmy birthdaystandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here on Friday and we have to say that the quality of service and decency of the hotel itself is top notch, the price was reasonable but it pays off with the quality of service and how friendly the staff are. it is local to many town attractions, the view is great, the food is very nice, I highly recommend this hotel and we are definitely going to plan another visit some point this year.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I booked this hotel for a winter treat to explore Chester. I requested a room overlooking the racecourse and river and was pleased to say that my request was met. The deal was £99 for 2 for dinner, bed and breakfast. The food was great and the atmosphere pleasant. Dinner was served in the MC bar and whilst choice was limited with this deal, the options were sufficient. Breakfast was either continental or cooked and were both very tasty. The staff were helpful and polite. We were able to walk into chester, leaving the car in the secure car park for £10 for the duration. The room was clean and a good size and the bathroom facilities were too. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: You can request rooms overlooking the racecourse.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Several of us stayed at the Abode when we were in Chester for a function over a weekend with a group of work colleagues. Four of us had the taster menu in Michael Caines' Restaurant the night we arrived and it was possibly the best meal I have ever had. Each of the courses was superbly cooked and presented and the matching wines were mostly exquisitely well chosen. Although each individual course was relatively small, we were all absolutely full and not a little tiddly after all seven courses and seven (small) glasses of wine, (including cheese and port).

After that, the hotel rooms were a bit of a disappointment, could of been any vaguely modern 4 or 5 star hotel anywhere. All very modern and functional but no flair or individuality although the locally inspired artwork, mostly large photos taken around Chester very rather good.

If we end up in Chester again, I'd definitely go back to the restaurant but would find somewhere a little less like a corporate chain and a little more individual to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2013

the hotel was comfortable, the staff friendly and efficient, the room very comfortable but what a pity about breakfast. Listening to Radio 2 at 8.00 am whilst trying to read The Times in the subdued lighting made for a poor start to the day. The food was good but to have to pay for 2 breakfasts if you like cerals before your full English? That is just to scrimpy!

Room Tip: Good views form the higher rooms and closer to the restaurant.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We went for my birthday on a £99 Dinner, Bed and Breakfast deal available on their website, so I wasn't expecting anything over the top for my money.

The location is brilliant, in town, easy to find, parking underneath for £10 per day.

The room was a Comfortable Room, no offer of a chargeable upgrade on check in. The bed was divine, super comfy and I am fussy! King size. All very trendy and we had a balcony too with the racecourse off to the right. The only annoying thing was the flashing red lights on the smoke alarm in the night!

We had a two course meal in Michael Caines Cafe and Grill thrown in. My other half enjoyed his. I had pigeon breast which was tough as boots and Risotto which was a bit tasteless. When asked I was honest with the waiter and we got free desserts which were yummy.

Breakfast in the main restaurant - we had a cooked breakfast - was faultless - delicious, tasty and perfectly cooked.

I'd definitely stay again but treat myself to a Caines Restaurant dinner next time. And I'd like to buy one of their beds!!!

• Stayed: February 2013