“Brilliant night away with the girls!”
Review of ABode Chester

ABode Chester
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Lancashire
“Brilliant night away with the girls!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We had a number of rooms booked for an upmarket hen do! All I can say is this place is fabulous!
From the large, well designed rooms to the bar who provided us with a great sandwich buffet, everything was well arranged and provided with efficient service!
I was that impressed I will be returning in 2013!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

A desirable room (fantastic bed/pillows) made for a great two night stay. All the staff are extremely helpful and pleasant but Andy and his team excelled when we had the wonderful Christmas day lunch Car parking spaces are designed for Hummers. Minor gripe - more Campari please in the campari and orange.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nothing to fault this hotel. It was immaculately clean, and efficient. The room was well worth the money with the largest bed I've seen. Great location, relatively easy parking, though I'd book ahead as they didn't seem to have too many spaces. Staff very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Booked to stay here one night along with a colleague in December based entirely on the previous reviews. Unfortunately finding the place was the hardest part due to the fact their actual postcode doesn't suit Sat Nav systems, I had to call the hotel twice once in Chester having got monumentally lost over & over. I was told on the phone to try a different postcode.........perhaps they should advise this on their website. It's especially important given the approach to the hotel can mean you don't see any signage when heading for the hotel car park and the fact it's off a busy roundabout.

Once I arrived a chap from reception did come and greet me in the underground car park to help with my bags which I thought was a nice touch for a frazzled guest! The car park is split into hotel spaces and council office spaces which your clearly not allowed to to use so do ensure you go up the ramp to the hotel section (again not clearly signposted) Check in was pretty simple & I was allocated a room on the 2nd floor adjacent to the gym. My room was an inward facing view floor to ceiling windows of the council office block attached to the hotel. Room was clean & fresh with laminate wood effect flooring, nothing spectacular but very modern. The bathroom was exceptional though, lovely power shower, heated mirror & plenty of towels. Only slight issue is the height of the main bathroom mirror, it's set pretty high and I found I had to tip toe to see properly........minor issue.

We headed for a night out in Chester with friends and colleagues and the hotel got us a taxi very quickly. On our return in the early hours of the morning there were 2 night receptionists on duty. My colleague and I had agreed to meet for breakfast at 9:45 as it finished at 10. However the male night guy told us it was 10:30 finish on a Friday to which his fellow receptionist argued about and said no it was 10 but he was adamant it was 10:30...........we took him at his word and arranged therefore to meet at 10 in the restaurant on the top floor.

I arrived first at 9:55, wandered in to a fairly busy restaurant and was almost pounced on by a waitress asking me "where was I going" ? I asked for a table and she physically barred me from entering and advised they finished breakfast at 10, I relayed the conversation from the night before and she said I can't help that you can't come in. My colleague arrived and we insisted she rang reception for some clarity and a resolution. She eventually came back & said we could have cereals and toast but the chef wasn't prepared to allow us a cooked breakfast as he was too busy ! We were sorely disappointed given it was their error in the information given on reception.

On check out they did make amends by not charging for the non breakfast (should have been £10 each for continental) and they also only charged for 1 car park charge as oppose to 2 which saved another £10.

Now I know how to find the hotel I'd probably stay again if I happened to be in Chester........but would ensure I was up and at breakfast before 10 !!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Miss_Chief1
chester
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We booked to stay in the abode for two nights- our wedding night and the night after. We had booked a desireable room. Upon arrival the staff complimented me on how beautiful I looked and also my dress and told us that we had been upgraded to a fabulous on 6th room! We were blown away! The room really was fabulous the best we have stayed in the uk. The staff had written us a lovely card and everything. The bed was so comfortable and it had a large bath and shower. The room had a fab view and was spotless. Each member of staff we encountered was a pleasure to meet. Would recommend this hotel to all. Thank you abode chester you made our wedding..what a wonderful start to our honeymoon x

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The abode has invested in the best mattress money can buy , vi spring , and that gives a great bed to to sleep in, the rooms are good and good value for city centre hotel spacious and clean With ample parking at only 10£ , the 5 th floor restaurant is very good and a great bar to start your night off .

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Staff were great. Room fantastic. Meal amazing. It was my wife's birthday and all manners of staff from the receptionist to the waiter and the cocktail waiter wished her happy birthday. Sommelier had a great knowledge of the wines she was serving. Room upgraded to a suite, but these would be good value even at full price. Large balconies, beautiful bathrooms.
Only negative was a long wait for a club sandwich at lunch the next day. Over 45 mins; not great given that the bar where we were eating was so quiet, and the waiting on staff were just chatting with each other for the most part. Although the service was top class otherwise.

• Stayed December 2012