ABode Chester
$90
$85
$161
  • Restaurant
Chester House Guest House(Chester)(Great Value!)
$86
$76
Priceline
$111
$108
$95
$91
2,272 results
All reviewschampagne barrace coursemichael caines restaurantdesirable roomenviable roomfloor to ceiling windowsfifth floorcar parklovely hoteleggs benedictcity centrewalk in showerreception staffspecial occasionhuge bedmy birthdaystandard room
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I like the Abode, I have been staying there a few nights a month since this past summer. The normal rooms can be a little on the small side but they are clean and nicely decorated. The beds are very comfortable, there is a DVD player and a nice flat screen TV in the room. The Internet connection is good and quick throughout the hotel. The rooms facing the street can be very noisy.

On the downside, check out is never quick. The record stands at 30min! So I have started checking out the night before, that works better. Breakfast is always an adventure and you need time. Again the record is 40 minutes for an egg Benedict with egg that arrived cold and without the egg. It would feel better if at least the stuff was cordial and friendly, instead they usually look miserable. Whenever we asked for sauce at breakfast (at least twice) we never got it. Similar situation, with a couple of pleasant exceptions. Why is it so difficult for the staff to smile? I do not get the feeling that my stay and business is appreciated.

I would choose the hotel because of the nice corporate rate we get, the quality of the room, the Internet, the location and the car park. I would skip breakfast and I would not go to any of the two restaurants. There is a very good choice of places to eat within short walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We arrived on Saturday about 12 noon the guy on the desk advised that we were unable to have our room until 2pm but that was not a problem, he did ask if we needed luggage storing until then. We asked for directions and he duly gave us a map and showed us how to get in to the center and what was where. After an afternoon of retail therapy we returned to the hotel and checked in without any fuss, we were allocated room 214. I had booked a desirable room and asked for a racecourse view, the room overlooked the road and we could just see the racecourse, as we were only staying one night we decided to keep our allocated room. The room was well cleaned and the bathroom was stocked with all the things you expect in a 4 star hotel.

After a shower in the ultra modern bathroom we made our way to the bar and had a couple of drinks, there was an offer on cocktails which we took advantage of. The guys in the bar very pleasant and served us quickly.

After a night in town we returned and had a good nights sleep, the bed was comfortable but a little soft for my liking.

The following morning we ate breakfast in the restaurant, the service was good but the food was nothing out of the ordinary.

Checking out was fast and there was no problem with leaving my car until later in the day.

All in all it was a pleasant stay, the reception, bar and restaurant staff were polite and helpful, the room was comfortable, the breakfast was ok. Out of 10 this is how I score my stay

Staff 10
Room 9
Bar 9
Breakfast 7
Value for Money 8

Overall 8.5

Would I recommend this hotel (yes)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank km2bram
Reviewed November 29, 2011

realy disapointed we thought it would be fab,but to be honest the premere inn was better! we would not go back, i used the gym dont think it had ever been used before? it was cheap stuff in there and no spray or any product to wipe the machine after use was a large t.v. not working! no music,stay clear of this place.

Room Tip: get a 3rd floor with balcony it over looks the road!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The room were given was stuffy and hot. After 3 complaints to reception and being told they were full they finally relocated us into a better room. I got locked in the staff staircase and couldn't get out and had to press the panic button. Was told to go to te bottom of the stairwell which exited into reception. However I was very upset and shaken. Manager very sympathetic but we will not visit again. Could have down without this stress after 3.5hr drive.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I stayed in an "Enviable" room, which certainly lived up to its name.

Everything in this hotel oozes quality. I was expecting a high standard and they certainly delivered on that.

The bed was 6-feet wide and very comfortable. The room had a seating area with a selection of the latest magazines (GQ, Conde Nast Traveller and either Marie Claire or Cosmo, I've forgotten which). The room also had good lighting options for work or play as well as orange mood lighting.

To my surprise, not only was there tea/coffee, but also a small selection of water/soft drinks and snacks (crisps/chocolate) which was complimentary. Very nice!

Rather unusually, the luxurious double-ended bath and a very large sink were in the bedroom, separated from the bed by a half-height partition - might sound odd, but it's fun. There is also a separate bathroom containing another sink, shower and w/c - again, all top quality. There were two bathrobes and a large supply of towels and a good selection of toiletries.

The room is also well catered for in terms of media. There was free WiFi internet access, a large LCD TV and a Philips "soundbar" hi-fi system with iPod dock. I imagine you'd be able to keep several neighbours awake with it.

The hotel is ideally located for the race-goers and is just a 5-minute walk from The Rows in Chester city centre.

Breakfast was cooked to order and was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business