“Excellent Stay”
Review of Rowland House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chester
Rowland House
Ranked #18 of 76 Chester B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Me and my husband stayed at Rowland House for a trip to the races. We stayed in room number 3 which had the private bathroom which was lovely no problems at all. Beryl is a lovely lady and very helpful. The breakfast was really nice and plenty of choice for fruit and cereal. Without a doubt we will be staying here again when in chester it is in a quiet location no noise at night and has the advantage of off road parking.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thank you for your review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with me and that the rain didn't spoil your visit to the races, this week-end the weather has been fantastic so just maybe the next time you come to stay you will have more luck weather wise,
So I hope to see you both again in the not to distant future.
Best wishes.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

My mother, sister and I finished a three-week holiday with a wonderful overnight in Rowland House. Our only regret was that we could only stay one night. Beryl pays attention to detail, ensuring that every comfort is provided; tea and biscuits in our room, shower products, information on Chester, pretty linens and more. Our rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable. The location is superb as the home is located within easy walking distance of the centre of Chester. We were treated to a very tasty cooked English breakfast despite the need for an early departure. To avoid any delays in us departing from the train station that might have been caused by a big run in Chester, Beryl kindly drove us to the train station. We would highly recommend this lovely home to travelers of all ages.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank jvandi
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Thank you all for your very kind review which is much appreciated, I am so please that you enjoyed your short but eventful visit to Chester,like I said you never know we could meet again, thank you for all of the information you have sent me re your holiday, and I will definitely be in touch when we return from ours. and if ever you are back to visit family and friends in the UK you can always come to Chester again.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed Good Friday 18th April for 1 night. Great place to stay, within walking distance of Chester City centre with a good selection of shops and restaurants. Stayed in a very nice room with a really comfortable bed and nice big bathroom. Good nights sleep as it is a nice quiet location. Woke next morning to a great breakfast. Was made to feel welcome during our stay even though we were only there for one night. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin H
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Hello to you both, and thank you so much for your very kind review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stop over with me on the way into WALES, I did order the nice weather for you,I am sure that you where both able to make it to the top of SNOWDONIA as the selection of BOOTS was amazing!!!!
I look forward to seeing you both again in the not to distant future.
Best wishes,

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I thought I wrote a review last month but it seems to have got lost! Beryl is such a wonderful host and Rowland House is exceptional. We could not have an en suite room this time as they were booked so we went for the room with private shower and WC, which is fab. This was no inconvenience and we enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was as good as ever though we moderated our consumption on Sunday as we had over indulged the previous day.
Thanks again Beryl. See you in 2015!

Room Tip: The room with the private bathroom is fine if the others are booked.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank you both once again for your wonderful review, as before it is always a pleasure to have you stay with me, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, next time the cinema may get a miss, but we now have the Cathedral tower for you to climb, to see the City in a different perspective, lets hope the weather will oblige, so until next year 2015, take care both of you and have a great. Summer.
Many thanks,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed 1 night on Saturday 29 March.
Was made to feel very welcome.The room was nice and a very large comfortable bed.
Everything you needed was in the room.
Was able to park the car in the drive,A short 15 mins walk into the main town centre.
B'fast was lovely.
Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve W
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you both for your kind review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your short visit to Chester, and your overnight stay with me. I did order the Sunshine for you and it turned up on the Sunday afternoon, so I hope that you made the most of it down by the river before heading back home.
Thank you for staying with me and I hope to see you both again,
Enjoy all of the week-end breaks which you have booked for the coming Summer.
Thanks,

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed for one night in March 2014 as a couple in room 2. Welcome was very friendly and the room was spotlessly clean. Very nice breakfast served in the morning.

About 15 minutes walk to the centre of Chester and the free car parking is a bonus. Quiet residential area. Would stay again if visiting the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for R House, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and that if you visit Chester again you will come and stay with us.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed here over the weekend for a bit of a Valentines get away just for the one night but what a night. Lovely, immaculate house, a large beautiful room (filled with everything you could ever need from shampoo/conditioner to tea, coffee and biscuits) and top service made our stay fantastic.
Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer. Will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for your very complementary review, it was a pleasure to have you stay with me, and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your short visit to R /House and Chester,
I am sure that you will be back, so do please bring some SUNSHINE with you next time.
and I look forward to seeing you both again in the not to distant future.
Beryl.