“Great location, great B&B”
Review of Rowland House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chester
Rowland House
Ranked #18 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great location, great B&B”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at Rowland House B&B in June for 3 nights. The location is excellent, less than 10mins walk to the centre of Chester and off road parking. Prices were very good and although we were there on the Friday of Chester Races this did not inflate the prices.
We had a en-suite room, tastefully decorated with a huge bed, very comfortable, and all the home touches that make the difference. Breakfast was superb with a great choice of cereals, fresh fruit or a full English. Beryl runs the place very well and takes care to ensure that guests are happy and have all that is needed for their stay. Beryl also provides information on where to go, what to see and where to eat, all of which helps to make a your stay in Chester one to remember. Thanks for an excellent visit.

Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
What a special review, and thank you both so much,I am so pleased that you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with me, and that you enjoyed your time here in Chester, I would like to think that if you are ever back this way, you will come and stay with me.
So until the next time take care.
Best Beryl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed with Beryl at the Rowland House in Chester 2nd to 5th of July 2013. The guesthouse its facilities and Beryl are fabulous. I was very comfortable and made to feel welcome. Rowland House is very clean and maintained to very high standards. It was a true home from home. No hesitation staying again if and when I visit Chester.
Very well placed for the centre of Chester which is no more than a 5 minute stroll.
Thank you Beryl.

Room Tip: All rooms offer high quality and comfort.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you Glen for your great review, I am so pleased you where comfortable, happy, and made to feel at home, it is difficult when it comes on recommendation from someone else. (Work)
I'm glad you made the effort to do some site seeing while you where here, and if you possibly return for a short break, you can then do all of the visitor attractions, so hope to see you again in the future.
Many thanks.
Beryl.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We hadn't been to Chester before and had booked at another B&B for our 2 night trip, but then found Rowland House was a lot more central so cancelled the first booking - thank goodness we did!! We can't rate Beryl's Rowland House highly enough. The room was very large and tastefully decorated and equipped. The extras provided are so thoughtfully chosen and show how much the hostess wants you to enjoy your stay. The bed in room 1 was a Queen size and the most comfortable we'd ever slept in. Clean, fresh and well appointed en-suite. Tea and coffee facilities with biscuits replenished and chocolate mints. Huge TV screen and alarm clock provided. Ladies, no need to take your own cotton wool, tissues, facial wipes, hand wash, Alberto Balsam shampoo and conditioner, shower cap or flannel. Crockery and accessories all matching - a touch of class! Breakfast didn't disappoint either - marvellous choice of cereals, fruit (strawberries, raspberries, melon, kiwi with yoghurt) and orange juice, tea and coffee and the full English was to die for plus toast and marmalade. Beryl gave us lots of local, useful information. Parking off road and only a very short walk to the historic town. Thank you Beryl for making us so welcome - we hope to come again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you both for your much appreciated review, I am so pleased that you found everything satisfactory with your stay with me, and that you found everything about Chester so interesting.
As always it is a pleasure to have guests who enjoy their visit, and hope very much that if you are ever back this way that you will come to stay with me.
Best wishes.
Beryl.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Myself and my husband have just returned from a 2 night stay at Rowland House and the moment Beryl opened the door I new we were on to a winner. She is such a warm and welcoming lady. Our room was extremely well fitted out and beautifully decorated with great attention to detail and lots of extras eg: hand cream, facial wipes, eye make up remover pads, tissues... The things that matter to ladies. The beds were extremely comfortable, probably among the best I have slept in and the room was spotlessly clean. On top of all this Beryl provides a scrumptious breakfast. She is a cheerful, smiling lady and nothing is too much trouble for her. The gift of a box of truffles on our departure was totally unexpected and a lovely touch...Thank you Beryl.
I will certainly recommend Beryl and her lovely home to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you both for your wonderful coments they are much appreciated, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with me, and regardless of the weather, which could have been much better you still made the most of your time here, but like you said maybe you will be back for some Christmas therapy all being well, Jim take care and make sure you enjoy your ZOMBIE week-end, you see I am still learning from my guests. and hope to see you both later in the year.
Best wishes,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

stayed for a 1 night stop over at Rowland House. Had a very pleasant stay really conventiently located to the Chester - no more than a 10 Minute walk. Beryl gave us a map and a helpful description of how to start our whistle stop tour of the city.
Can't fault the room or ensuite - clean tidy and well presented, and looked recently decorated. Breakfast was lovely - fresh fruit and lovely yoghurt, and breakfast was delicious.
To comment on the previous review - there was a clock I heard it chime when within about 10 ft of it but certainly see or hear a mass of clocks, yes a building work was being completed but that is life and it certainly didn't matter - wasn't happening over night so can't really see the problem myself.
Would I return . . . most definitely yes.

Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Sue,
Thank you so much for your review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your overnight stay,and that the development work did not disturb you in any way, it is almost complete, the grounds people are in next week to do the planting, trees, shrubs etc, and we will be returning to normal, with green lawns,and trees to look out on, pictures will be posted on the web as soon as this is done for everyone to see.
I hope that you will have a return visit, some time in the not to distant future, so that you will see first hand the amazing transformation out side.
Once again, thank you for being so understanding.
Best Beryl
Ireland
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed on two separate nights on our roadtrip recently. We were met firstly by Beryls welcoming daughter and shown to our clean and comfortable room.
Beds are extremely comfy and the Gueshouse is very well run by a wonderful host just made for the job. We had a very nice breakfast and got great tips from Beryl on where to wonder around this gorgeous city on our first morning.
On our return leg we again had lovely chats with this lovely Host and enjoyed more home from home comfort.
I would certainly recommend this gem and look forward to seeing you perhaps in the future Beryl.
Thank you very much for making our trip memorable.

1 Thank IrishLadyIrl
Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you both for your review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with me, so much so that you chose to stay with us on your return journey, I'm glad that you had a nice time in Chester, and that you you where able to see all of the historic sites which you wanted to see,
Maybe next time you will be able to explore in more depth.
I hope that your crossing home was nice and smooth.
So thank you again and I look forward to seeing you both in the future.,
Cheshire
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed for 1 saturday night. Firslty, Rowalnd House doesn't massively inflate their room rates because of the race meeting - like most other hotels I looked at do! Beryl is a very welcoming hostess, making sure we could park, and allowing us to arrive early, so allowing us to change before going to the races. Located next to the main university campus, on a quiet residential side road, it is only a short walk into the city centre. The rooms are large, spotlessly clean & bright, with large comfortable beds, and Beryl adds a few welcome home touches - my partner was really pleased to find facial wipes, which she had forgotten to bring for herself. Beryl gave us some useful local tips for where to go for food and drink, which worked out great. I would certainly stay here again for a short break in a lovely city.

Beryl R, Owner at Rowland House, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
What a nice review from you, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you where more guests that had a fantastic day at the races, the weather was great, and the betting tips where even better, you enjoyed your evening meal, so a good time was had all round, I feel sure that you will return to Rowland House if ever you are back in Chester, but next time I need the betting tips as well.
Till then take care,