“Monday visit”
Review of Blue Moon Cafe - CLOSED

Blue Moon Cafe
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Description: Retro 1950's and 1960's 'mini museum' of original memorabilia. Situated on the riverside with outside seating that enjoy's panoramic views of the river. We are open every day, come rain or shine, from 10.00Am for Coffee, Tea, Breakfast, Lunch or simply a light bite.
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had tried to visit this establishment before, but we were too early. We were later today so decided to give it a go; we had already noticed that the prices were a little higher than other Chester cafes, but thought it may be reflected in the quality. The two breakfasts that we ordered were, as normal, quite adequate but didn't blow us away (in fact the beans were cold). All in all , quite ok, but, prices too high........maybe you pay for the view, which was lovely.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch here on the riverside. The menu was clear and well laid out. Something for everyone - we had a couple paninis with chips and a gorgeous onion soup. Nice selection of drinks. Staff very friendly and ordering was a breeze. Lovely location at riverside.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I cycled here with a group of friends and we stopped for lunch, the café is themed with framed genuine music and film posters and advertisements, it also has an old Wurlitzer type jukebox playing the 50's and 60's music. Food and drink are excellent and to top it all you are directly by the river so can sit outside on a nice day and watch the rowing etc.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Visited Blue Moon during a recent trip to Chester. It was such a lovely day that we sat outside and watched the members of the nearby rowing club practicing. Our order was bought out to us by the extremely friendly owner who stated that due the mild winter, business had been very good which is always nice to hear. We only ate a light lunch however I was eyeing someone's all day breakfast which looked rather nice.

Don't always come down to he river when visiting Chester however I will make the effort to visit Blue Moon again.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stopped for an impromptu lunch on a lovely sunny Sunday afternoon. The cafe is in one of the best locations in Chester, right on the riverside with beautiful views and the staff are an absolute delight, so cheerful and friendly. The food was excellent (clearly fresh) and arrived quickly. I loved sitting in the window afterwards watching the river traffic and enjoying my coffee.. I love the vintage memorabilia too.. Took me back to my childhood, although some of it does pre-date me.. (Ahem) At last somewhere that looks and feels different, with excellent customer service.. I will definitely be back again... And soon.. Thank you..