“Pricey”
Review of Blue Moon Cafe - CLOSED

Blue Moon Cafe
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Description: Retro 1950's and 1960's 'mini museum' of original memorabilia. Situated on the riverside with outside seating that enjoy's panoramic views of the river. We are open every day, come rain or shine, from 10.00Am for Coffee, Tea, Breakfast, Lunch or simply a light bite.
Hull. England
“Pricey”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Lovely position on riverside. My partner had the cottage pie and peas which he enjoyed but pricey at £7.95. I had a 'light bite' 2 fish cakes with a small salad it was delicious but for the quantity I feel £7.50 was exorbitant. We were looking forward to 'the naughty things' as advertised outside the cafe but we're very disappointed with the choice of cakes. A bottle of ginger beer was £2.40! Although we enjoyed the meal we did not feel it was value for money.

Visited March 2014
Sar011, Owner at Blue Moon Cafe, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for visiting our Café and in the main it seems you enjoyed your visit. I do however feel it important to address your point regarding our pricing. The cottage pie that your husband enjoyed, was freshly made in our kitchen using Aberdeen Angus Steak Mince, a quality but as you would expect, a pricey main ingredient. This is a conscience decision given the, not so long ago, horse meat scandal, we want to ensure our customers know exactly where our food comes from. As we are a small independent we sadly don't have the buying power of the large restaurant chains. We are also located in a unique and much envied position (right on the banks of the River Dee, one of only four cafe/restaurants) rather than a back street caff, this also comes at a cost to us as a business. And finally we buy our cakes fresh daily from a local bakery, and once they are gone, well they are gone. We are pleased you enjoyed our delicious food, and I hope my explanation has gone some way to address your comments regarding our pricing.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fabulous cappuccino”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a beautiful Sunday morning. One latte, one strawberry milkshake & a ginger bread man and one of the best cappuccinos I've had, better than all the high street chain coffee shops thank u. Maybe next time a spot of lunch it is in a beautiful position right on the river dee.

FLINTSHIRE
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We paid An impromptu 1st visit to the Blue Moon today. My Husband had a very tasty ham and cheese toastie with a side salad and crisps and I had really nice cheese on toast. Just enough for a lunchtime snack on a nice sunny day by the river

• Visited February 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food with excellent service love this cafe”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My husband and i visited this cafe for lunch on Valentine's day, lovely surroundings, friendly staff that could not do enough for us and the food was excellent. We will definatley be going back for more, love the decor and the jukebox!

• Visited February 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“£10 for beans on toast half an egg and 2 hash browns!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Visited today for a Mega breakfast, I was served 'chipshop' sausages which were rubbery and impossible to cut, the knife bounced off them, the only purpose they could possibly have is a chew toy for a dog. I took my plate to the till as I was unable to catch anyone's eye and complained, the guy mumbled an apology and advised he would get it sorted and scampered off to the kitchen... brought the same plate back with new sausages.. alas the rest of my meal had gone cold by this point. I managed to eat the toast that was sent separately hashbrowns and some beans, wasn't worth the effort in complaining as they were clearly not bothered. I'm only writing this review as a warning to others. Dissapointing.

• Visited January 2014
Sar011, Owner at Blue Moon Cafe, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
I sincerely apologise that your visit to the Blue Moon was less than satisfactory. By way of explanation we have been trying to find the ultimate breakfast sausage, and after investigation is appears that on Saturday your's had sadly been overcooked. It is usual practise for us to exchange the entire meal once a customer has requested we change something. Once again, I am sorry we did not do this on your visit. By way of an apology I would like to offer yourself and partner a complimentary breakfast (if you have the patience to give us another chance) or another meal of your choosing. Once again, I hope this apology goes someway toward compensating you for your disappointing visit.

Sarah