“Complete and utter let down!!”
Review of Blue Moon Cafe - CLOSED

Blue Moon Cafe
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Retro 1950's and 1960's 'mini museum' of original memorabilia. Situated on the riverside with outside seating that enjoy's panoramic views of the river. We are open every day, come rain or shine, from 10.00Am for Coffee, Tea, Breakfast, Lunch or simply a light bite.
“Complete and utter let down!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The decor was the only good thing about the place (retro 1950's-1960's) however the cleanliness of the place was disgusting, the food is poor quality and was cold! Found a hair on the food and there were also burnt bits of food on the plate! The sauces were nothing more than tesco values which would make anyone question the integrity of the rest of the food and ingredients used!...The service of staff is shocking and extremely unprofessional! Shouting across the seating area disrupting the atmosphere! Going in and out of the kitchen shouting 'kitchen [--]' and shouting that they were going for a 'fag'! A young person entered and asked about jobs and left a cv... Upon which members of staff were reading out loud the cv and laughing at it!... Would definitely not go again! It was a complete and utter let down to my day in Chester!!!

“A warm welcome”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Can't fault this restaurant, we've been going there for several years now off and on mainly on one the three evenings when its a restaurant rather than a cafe. The staff are friendly and really try to make you feel welcome. It may be a small menu, but the food is well cooked with dishes to suit most palates.

Wirral
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I went here for my work’s Christmas night out. Not what I expected. When I asked for the wine list I was informed that it was red or white. The wine was a brand that can be bought in any supermarket for under £5 and was marked up by at least 200%. The food was pretty poor too.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank WirralLynn
Derby, United Kingdom
“not what I had hoped for”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Chose this one because it was on the tastecard recommended list and because it had lobster on the menu - there was no lobster and we went in at 7.30! The food was ok - the drinks were expensive and the irish coffee tasted like instant - not the best but we did get money off with the card so could have been worse! The red pepper risotto was tasty but the potatoes with the lamb were like little bullets. Would not return -

Visited November 2012
1 Thank helsbels152012
Athlone
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had a very pleasant evening in this restaurant on a visit to Chester. I ordered the Crab for a starter, and was a bit shocked when a whole small crab on a bed of rice arrived. I should have asked what Soft Shell Crab was. I asked the waiter how much of it I could eat, and he said all of it. So I did. It was very pleasant. We had lobster for our main course and it was delicious. All washed down with a bottle of Prosecco. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012