“Good bar with a nice courtyard at the rear”
Review of Amber Lounge - CLOSED

Amber Lounge
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We offer light lunches and a contemporary pub menu. Just the classics all homemade Food Service times Thursday 12-6pm Friday 12-6pm Saturday 12-6pm Sunday 12-4pm
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Went in the amber lounge after a day at the races. No issues with getting in the bar with a group of lads albeit in suits. Very busy bar which gets very hot very quick. Didn't eat the food so cant comment in it. Does have a really Good atmosphere

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I popped into Amber Lounge for a drink with my boyfriend and in-laws - very chilled and successfully tempted by the varied menu - between us we had a steak ciabatta, chips, houmous and dips, burgers, wedges, and all were tasty. The waitress was attentive but not overly so which was good, and offered to take drinks orders etc all at the table. We particularly liked the decor - bright but rustic, contemporary but vintage. Chilled atmosphere, too.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Came here with a hi life card as the reviews were good. The place is lovely and I've always liked to come here for a drink, from the decor and previous reputation I expected this place to be great. My friend and I both ordered steak, when it came which was quickly it looked gorgeous but.my first mouthful was spat into a napkin, I don't think the chef could have done better though the meat was obviously cheap and sinewy it was really tough and I sent it back which I wouldn't normally do especially as we had two for one but it was inedible. My friends was slightly better but he was too embarrassed to send his back. I ordered another steak as the chef had agreed it was bad but my new steak I ordered rare rather than medium and it was much better (I never order rare) the service was great though and they didn't make me feel uncomfortable about sending it back but it was a Shane and unexpected.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a lovely afternoon here on a recent birthday break to Chester with my boyfriend. Really lovely decor, chilled atmosphere, great service and excellent menu. We sipped on the very decent House rose whilst we read the menu and changed our minds a dozen times, because the whole menu was just up our street and we struggled to choose!... Our food was delicious, all piping hot and served promptly. Starters of garlic bread and chicken wings were a super start. The hot wings have the most amazing hot and spicy dipping sauce. Mains of chicken Caesar salad and 'posh' fish and chips also hit the mark. We didn't have desert, but had a yummy cocktail each, and a lovely baby Guinness shot to end. The amber lounge accepts Tastecard and we mentioned ours on arrival and presented it at end of our meal without any fuss. Would definitely go back when next in Chester. We actually only intended to have a drink and a quick bite for lunch, then continue our day, but the ambience kept us there for far longer than intended... if we hadn't got a train to catch early evening, I think we could easily have stayed until it was time for dinner!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went here on a recommendation from a friend. We would probably not have spotted it, and probably wouldn't have gone in - but we were very glad we did!
The service was great and the food (lunch) was lovely. I'd go there again, and I'd recommend it to others.