“GOOD CURRIES”

Gate of India
Ranked #83 of 579 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Licensed Tandoori Restaurant, Fully Air Conditioned, Soft Music and Easy Parking. Takeaway service available. 10 % discount on takeaway meals before 11pm. We serve the best Indian and English Cuisine. Tandoori Dishes our speciality. Special arrangement for Banquets, Parties, Weddings etc. All prices include VAT.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Came here with a small group last week and was very pleased with the food and the service. Poppadoms were fresh and we were given some free dips. I had the shashlik which was very good, plenty of chicken, peppers and onions and the salad and rice were both prepared well. I'd recommend.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

The food was OK but the way the staff slapped the food down on the table was very surly. We were a table of three and were ordering food and drinks. We had been drinking and it was late however this was our evening meal. The initial impression from the staff was that they deal with a lot of late night drunks and perhaps had mistaken our middle aged bunch for some of their regulars.

I selected a chickken tikka starter which was tasty enough. I took a main course from the specials which definitely had a taste of chicken stock cubes in the sauce. They did however make me a very nice chilli naan which wasn't on the menu so full marks there.

All in all, not an unpleasant meal and don't get me wrong, the staff weren't unpleasant or anything. They just gave the impression that they'd rather be doing something else.

2  Thank piebaps
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Been eating meals in their restaurant and takeaways from this establishment since 1972. Never had a poor meal to date. If you haven't eaten with them yet, you are missing out!
Try the Special Mixed Kebab as a starter followed by the mixed Thali with pillau rice. Unless there are more than two of you ane you are really big eaters two starters and the one main, possibly with a great Naan will be plenty.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We like the Gate, proper food at reasonable prices. Not haute cuisine, but it's a warm welcoming place with nice people and good value British Indian grub.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was happy with the food, I had chicken korai with pilau rice which was brought out still sizzling from the kitchen and the service and decor was fine. We had a really good time and it was ok value especially as we had a bottle of wine too. I would definitely go back

1  Thank rach_archi