“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gate of India

Gate of India
Ranked #86 of 553 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Licensed Tandoori Restaurant, Fully Air Conditioned, Soft Music and Easy Parking. Takeaway service available. 10 % discount on takeaway meals before 11pm. We serve the best Indian and English Cuisine. Tandoori Dishes our speciality. Special arrangement for Banquets, Parties, Weddings etc. All prices include VAT.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Had an overnight visit to Chester staying @ the Premier Inn across the road. Had a meal with my mum Sunday 29th Jan, please bear in mind my mum hates spice !

They were welcoming and very helpful in helping my mum select something she would enjoy. Enjoy we both did !!! Fantastic, good quality, excellent value meal washed down with lashing of draft cobra. Try this you will not be disappointed : )

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank JulesL0vesT0Travel

Chester
“Fantastic Curry House!”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I went for my friends birthday in October 2011, there was around 10 of us. The staff were very friendly and it was very busy (saying that it was a Saturday night!)
We were all pleased with the food. I ordered a special hot chicken tikka which was amazing! the naan bread, rice and dips were fantastic!
I would deffo go again and the price was very good, I thought it would have been a lot more expensive.
Between us it cost around £15 each and that was for a main meal, naan's each, poopadoms and dips and also a drink each. Would recommend!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank ChesterChick
“The best Indian bar non”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This restaurant serves the best curry I have ever eaten and curry is my favourite meal so I've eaten a fair few!!
There are some real gems on the menu and the staff are more than happy to cook it to your liking. My choice is Chicken tikka chilli masala korai (i ask for it to be hotter than normal) with mushroom pillau rice. Unfortunately, this fills me to bursting as there are so many other delicious things on the menu.
The staff are always very friendly and will do their best to ensure you enjoy your meal.
The fact that this is the only curry house in Chester that is busy every evening should be all the proof you need. New trendy curry houses will come and go. The Gate of India has been here for the long haul and I don't imagine will be closing any time soon.

Quick curry house tip- if the decor is new and trendy, the curry is usually below standard. I prefer my curry houses to have typical Indian decor inside, but they let the meals do the talking

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent range and service”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This Indian restaurant has an enormous range on the menu, and the staff are really nice and friendly. It's very reasonably priced.

• Visited December 2011
Yorkshire
“Lovely curry”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

It tasted great and I felt fine the following day.

Visited December 2011