“Excellant”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We wandered by this place and thought we would give it a try, we were not disappointed. Service was excellent and the restaurant was clean and spacious. The prawn crackers were the whitest I have seen. Usually we cannot finish a Chinese meal but this was so lovely every little piece was eaten. This was not the cheapest Chinese meal I have had but it was certainly worth paying that little bit extra for.

1  Thank 360Ali

Reviewed February 14, 2014

we ate her on our second night nice friendly staff lovely food and plenty of choice of dishes well worth a visit

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Had tried the Slowboat in Chester, but sister wanted to try somewhere different....and as it was her birthday, we thought we'd let her! So glad we did.

We had Banquet D which cost £25.50 per person, with a couple of extra dishes thrown in for good measure (salt and pepper king prawns and battered tiger prawns).

The starter platter arrived, (prawn toast, ribs, chicken satay, spring rolls and seaweed) and there was more than enough for everyone in our party. If I'm totally honest, by the time I'd eaten my starter and had a try of the two extra prawn dishes, I was full.

Well needed break between the starter and the crispy duck and pancakes. Once again the portion of duck and pancakes was very generous. Unfortunately, for me the duck was a tad over cooked, which is reflected in my overall rating.

By the time the main courses arrived, I was fit to burst, so only sampled each of the four dishes, which were delicious.

The service was first rate, the staff were very friendly and attentive.

Would highly recommend this restaurant to family and friends......and if you are staying in the city centre, it is well worth the short taxi journey, as you may not find it on foot if you are not from the area.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

The food was great and the service matched it.
Atmosphere was very family friendly and tables not to close together.
Menu not as good as other Chinese restaurant's but the food made up for it.
Will be going back.

1  Thank Matty D
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Excellent. top notch Nosh. Service first class, prices average Decor very good. ambiance very good. Would strongly recommend this restaurant.