“New Years Day Find.”
Review of Ring O' Bells

Ring O' Bells
Reserve with OpenTable
Ring O' Bells is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 559 Restaurants in Chester
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The award winning Ring O' Bells is now bigger and better! The Ring O' Bells is located in the heart of the picturesque Cheshire village Christleton. Recently extended and fully refurbished to the highest standard the unique plush interior creates a fabulous ambience and compliments the pubs picturesque surroundings.The addition of The Glasshouse - a contemporary new extension, gives an exciting new dimension to the pub, creating a spectacular dining environment, perfect for hosting any special event. In the warmer months its fully retractable doors create the ideal inside/outside space.The restaurant has also been given a fresh new look creating a vibrant place to dine. For main meals, we offer many wonderful seasonal dishes Honey & Cider Glazed Chicken Skewers, mustard dip,Chargrilled Tuna, Tandoori King Prawn salad alongside established favourites like hand-stretched stone-baked pizzas and fabulous Sunday roasts. The Village Bar is sure to wow with delicious home-made bar snacks to accompany your chosen tipple, plus it's open for tea, coffee and home-made cakes every weekday morning from 9.00Am. The village and its surroundings have inspired the Ring O' Bells new interior design, with a nod to the duck pond, local walks and other areas of interest. Alfresco drinking & dining is also well catered for - when weather permits. We have a decked sun terrace and a family lawn, complete with picnic tables and children's play area.You'll be assured of a warm welcome together with great food, drink and service at the all new look Ring O' Bells.
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“New Years Day Find.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I can’t believe we had not been before!! Although we live in Chester, Christleton had been a road through to Whitchurch for us till it was pointed out that the village & the Ring O' Bells restaurant/pub were actually hidden away over a VERY narrow canal bridge.

We arrived on New Year’s Day on an off chance of securing a table, and were shown to a lovely warm sitting area near the bar. I could see the ‘Conservatory’ area which looked like it would be amazing in the summer.

Unfortunately the 2 for 1 Pizza offer did not start till 5pm (maybe next time), so we ordered the Gammon, with its quirky double yolk eggs which were delicious. We really were full up, but it was New Years Day so we ordered sticky toffee pudding & a St Clements cheesecake both of which were excellent. Drinks were good, soft drinks cold & bubbly, red wine warm & mellow. The atmosphere and staff were both warm & inviting.

I only had one tiny complaint, and it was so tiny I hope it is seen as constructive criticism. I have over many, many years expected to have my coffee served at the end of a meal, yet I received it and drank it before my dessert was served. When it arrived I assumed the arrival of my dessert was imminent, but that was not the case, so I had to drink it whilst it was hot. As I say, no big worry, I will just order it at the end of a dessert next time & I hope there is a next time.....VERY SOON.

Cost 2x Gammon, 2xDessert, 2xCoffee, 1xLarge Coke, 1xSmaller Coke, 1x Large Red Wine came in at around the £50 mark.

• Visited January 2014
Ian W, Owner at Ring O' Bells, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review & for such kind words. I am so pleased that you found us & had such a great time. I will pass your comments on to all concerned. The double yolkers do receive great feedback & are very tasty! Our desserts are all home made, as is the majority of menu. Again thanks for the positive feedback.

I do also appreciate & agree with your constructive criticism, coffees should arrive just after desserts. I think on this occasion it was a communication mix up between your server & the barista, so apologies & we will make sure this doesn't happen again.

Once again many thanks & we hope to see you very soon!

UK
“Superb evening at short notice”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

20 plus family members and friends met up over the weekend and decided to eat here. We gave them about 5 hours notice on what turned out to be a very busy evening for them and I can only congratulate them on the way they catered for us.
Tables were arranged so that we could all sit together and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating.
The food was very good indeed. There is a wide range of real ales and a comprehensive wine list.
I would have to highly recommend this pub/restaurant to anyone wanting to eat in this area.
Well done to you all.

Ian W, Owner at Ring O' Bells, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thanks very much for taking the time to write this review & your kind words.

We always try to accommodate customers & am pleased we succeeded in meeting your night's needs & hopefully surpassing them.

I will pass your comments on to all concerned.

Once again, many thanks & we hope to see you again soon.
malta
“Wedding reception was out of this world thank u for the best day ever”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We had our wedding reception here with 80 day guests & 150 in the night at the Ring o bells, from the planning stages right through to the final hour Ian and his team would bend over backwards to accommodate our requests.

With a large guest list we had a marquee in the garden which was just perfect on a sunny day, the décor with their quirky chairs & our handmade bunting gave a stunning English country shabby chic look for our big day.

The new glass house was were we danced the night away with a dj in the corner there was plently of floor space, also lots of other areas for people to chat outside on the garden furniture & in the pub area.

On arrival the Town crier greeted us in while ian & his team served delicious canapés & pimms, then the wedding breakfast in the marquee was served , our guests had a choice of 3 starters & 3 mains , most guests found it so hard to choose as everything was so yummy, my husband had ham hock terrine with homemade piccalilli, I had smoked salmon with avocado salsa, his main was beef with cheddar mash, mine was chicken with palma ham, parmesan mash and cabbage.

All food came out at a great speed & details like hot plates and presentation were amazing. Serving 80 at once must be very full on & locating where each dish is going as they were pre ordered should be hectic but it was so smooth.

The pub has the most stunning setting we had photos taken outside of the pub by a gate where the sun was just shining through it just looked so picturesque, also in the marguee, with our children by play area, also by the telephone box and the middle island with the flower beds so plenty of great photo opportunities .

After constant emails & meetings while planning our big day , the ring o bells always assured us that they would do everything in their power to make our big day one to remember and are so grateful for that.

We wish the Ring o bells every success in the holding more weddings as magical as ours we only wish we could do it all over again (oh and they promised me the sun would shine & it did)

Thank you to Ian & Loz & your amazing team for everything you've done for us.

• Visited August 2013
Ian W, Owner at Ring O' Bells, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Not only did we enjoy your special day, but the planning & lead up was also highly enjoyable. You are a lovely family who have great friends & we feel honoured to have hosted your wedding. I am so pleased it all went so well & everyone (including us!) had a fab time.

I will make sure all the staff see your review. Thanks again & we hope to see you soon.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Five Star”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Gammon x2, fish pie and I had the corn-fed chicken with chorizo (amazing fusion of flavours). Great selection of wines. I shared a bottle of the ShirazVoignier (superb!) . As if that wasn't enough, the service was exceptional. Clearly, the staff here love their job, work well together as a team and are very well trained. Truly a great evening. I will be back!

Ian W, Owner at Ring O' Bells, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words & for taking the time to write a review. Everyone works very hard & it is much appreciated when we get acknowledgement like this. I will show all concerned your review. We do have a great team who support each other during service & are trained all aspects of the business.

Once again many thanks & we hope to see you again soon.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Buy some Pickle Please!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have been to the Ring o Bells 8 or 9 times now, usually for lunch with work as the company I work for are located 5 minutes away. I think generally its a really nice restaurant but I feel that they could have more variety in the sandwiches at lunchtime, they dont do a plain tuna mayonnaise! and when I went yesterday there was no choice of breads, just a white bloomer which wasn't what I expected. Even the salad on the side was pretty poor, really wet lettuce with half a cherry tomato, no red onion and a tiny piece of red pepper. I was really dissapointed. My main cause for writing is that 3 times now I have been at lunchtime and asked for Pickle, even Branston put in a pot but they dont have it!!! I got Fig Compote yesterday when I asked! Please please please it is a simple thing but get some pickle for people to have when they order a cheese sandwich.
Ring O Bells is a lovely place but lunchtimes need more variety and better quality sandwiches!

Ian W, Owner at Ring O' Bells, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thanks for your feedback & I am really pleased you have had 8 or 9 good experiences with us.

With reference to this visit & the sandwiches I apologise if you didn't enjoy your experience this time. I will respond to your points below:

We did have a tuna mayonnaise sandwich on the menu in the summer but we took it off when the menu was freshened up for the winter. We do have a choice of breads including brown bloomers & bagels. Please let us know next time you are in & we can happily accommodate you.

I will look into the salad as that isn't good enough. However, if you had let us know at the table check or at the end we could have addressed it then for you, with either a new sandwich or taking it off the bill.

You are right we do not have Branston pickle, you were given a locally made fig chutney which is very popular normally, I am sorry it wasn't to your taste. We have now sourced another local chutney to be available so there are two choices.

I would add that the quality of the bread & cheese is very good, both are from local suppliers. All fresh & delivered daily.

I would like to invite you back to have lunch on us, please can you contact me via DM or ian@ringobellchester.co.uk