“excellent restaurant in the heart of chester”
Review of Joseph Benjamin

Joseph Benjamin
Reserve with OpenTable
Joseph Benjamin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 562 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“excellent restaurant in the heart of chester”
Reviewed November 24, 2010

my wife and i had a really nice meal here. the food was prepared simply but beautifully. local ingredients freshly prepared. the tab was quite reasonable. i would highly recommend...so many tasty menu choices.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
“For a treat”
Reviewed November 9, 2010

We went there during our weekend shopping in chester, and the food is very nice indeed. We felt well looked after, the only thing is maybe the price and the space that plays agaisnt it maybe, but i still recomend it!

North Wales, United Kingdom
“We will be back again and try the evening menu”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

My daughter and I accidentally found this place after asking in a shop for a recommendation for somewhere nearby for lunch. The shop assistant recommended Joseph Benjamin's. We were expecting a traditional cafe but found a lovely wine bar/restaurant. It was beautifully set out and decorated. The staff were excellent, happy attentative, spot on. We ordered a Local starter plate that had lots of local ham and cheeses, couscous. It came with the most wonderful bowl of different types of little wedges of bread We also had a dressing which we dipped the bread in. It was yummy, My daughter ordered the Workers Sandwhich and I had the hot salmon sandwich, big, fresh and tasty I was driving so ordered a ginger beer and my daughter had a cranberry juice. It came to £21.00 and I thought it was excellent value. We decided we would come back on the bus soon and try the evening menu and have a glass of wine. The pudding menu looked wonderful but we were stuffed. I also liked the use of local produce, they do award winning sausages from the butcher's next door and also do a cheese platter from The Cheese shop about 4 doors down. Will definately go back

Chester, United Kingdom
“How to win a new client !”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Have been chasing a company for twelve months and, having met them briefly last week,took them to Joseph Benjamin for lunch today.
Talked through various ideas and by 5pm had an email confirming first project !
Was it the soup,the fantastic pudding or the superb service that got them into the right frame of mind ?
The main man was also thrilled to visit the cookshop and find his wifes christmas present !
Who should i take there next week ?

Wales
“yum!”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I can see why some people might think eating here is like sitting in a goldfish bowl, but if they served food like this inside goldfish bowls, I would live in one! I’ve been here twice this summer, and can’t believe that I’ve only just discovered the place. The first time I went was a Saturday evening. There were 6 of us, one of whom is a vegan. She’s generally forced to ask for ‘the feta wrap with no feta’ and other such delights, as restaurants never seem to cater to vegans. Anyway, I mentioned this to the nice guy who was serving us and he immediately went to talk to her. He told her to ditch the menu, as he’d get the chef to rustle up something vegan just for her. The six of us had very different meals, but everyone thought it was very tasty, and my vegan friend was over the moon. I then went back for lunch, and had what you might think was a boring sandwich, with cheese and tomato and some chutney. Well, it was far from boring - the ciabatta bread was lovely, and the organic cheese combined with tomato and a stunning chutney was a definite winner. My boyfriend had the staff dinner sandwich and said it was the best butty he had ever tasted. My only complaint about this place is that I don’t live close enough to it to go more often. As for the large windows in the place, who cares, when the food is buonissimo?!