“Excellent lunch. Healthy hearty and reasonably priced”
Review of Joseph Benjamin

Joseph Benjamin
Ranked #26 of 573 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was our third lunch time visit and we can say the quality has been the same each time. The location is bustling full of good local shops and small and medium sized restaurants. The restaurant is well laid out with a nice bar good quality restrooms The staff are friendly and very personal. The food is just great We share a starter and have a main course. The salads are few but really good. The fish is very well done. The risotto is to die for. Perfect place for lunch and reasonably priced. If you cannot afford the Grosvenor Brasserie this is the next best. Highly recommended

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked for Sunday lunch, first time we visited. Had a very good lunch, starters of bread, olives and soup, then I had the roast beef for the main, my wife the veggie anti pasta plate. Everything was delicious, well presented. The bread in particular was lovely and complimented the meal. Nice attentive staff and a pleasant atmosphere. Would go again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I live in Chester, and Joseph Benjamin is my favourite place to eat. The menu is unique ranging from faggots, to pigs cheeks to salmon and beetroot risotto. The service and atmosphere is faultless. I always struggle to make my menu choice as I know all of it will be exceptional. The owners, who are brothers, Joseph and Benjamin are great fun, provide a personable service and are great at what they do. They talk you through the menu in as much detail as you want to help you make your choice. But be prepared, you are likely to suffer from food envy as everyones food will look and taste amazing.
We love visiting this restaurant, I have recommended to all my friends and family.
We also like their tapas bar, Porta, which is next door.
Give it a go, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Booked a table here as we've been wanting to dine here for ages having seen them on Onionring and the Michelin Guide. Was our wedding anniversary too so was for a special occasion.

Food was really really good. Steak tartare was first class with the right amount of pickled veg. The salmon special starter was also very good. Mains of pig cheek was fantastic, just like pulled pork and the sea trout was also good (although far too salty skin with the samphire).

The chocolate brownie was brilliant with lots of gooey centre plus the Prosecco was great value for money.

If you are looking for a locally sourced restaurant with good atmosphere and food, make sure you book JB!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had dinner with two friends. The place is intimate and was busy but the service was spot on, friendly and attentive.
The food was excellent. I had the pork cheeks (ooh err missus!) which were very good indeed. All in all a great night.